Swimming pool

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucius

Got a swimming pool to price two coats sand and cement render, what is a decent pre recession price m2 for this, if he can afford a pool he can afford a proper price.
The spec he wants is two coats render 13mm, 3&1 mix with wickes waterproofer anyone got any thoughts on that.

a little off topic and may seem an obvious question but, if someone says they have 100m2 rendering for example. is that 50m2 per coat or 2 coats at 100m2?

13mm total church, which i find worrying as all the bits are set in for that depth yes and to strong a mix.

Had the same thing a couple of years ago , depth of render governed , hot day when top coated resulted in 3 hollow patches , is the bottom of the pool square edged or coved ? Deffo voice a concern about the depth of render and the strong mix , price accordingly all you can do .

Coved Church which isnt a problem but he wants the base rendered as well, his words not mine.

I did a swimming pool a few months ago pretty straight forward sounds like the same sort of thing, is it a liner going in? we had to screed the floor as well which was a nightmare as you get trapped into a corner and had to go back a couple of days later to finish, but the rendering was set to a thickness of the liner edge and we had to dub out the internals so they were rounded again to suit the liner edge i think our price was around £1200 for the pool.

Did one a couple of years ago on concrete blocks and used 3/1 on scratch and 3.5/1 on rubbing
up coat, use wickes w/p s**t if theres a liner going in but a quality w/p if its being tiled. Actually
prob better off using a quality w/p anyway. 13mm a bit tight tho

Its being mosaic tiled Bod which hopefully i will be doing, to be honest my pool construction experiance is the ones i have done in Spain which the spec is well below UK standards we just render the walls for tiling and tile direct on the concrete base thats what the Spanish do so you have to do the same to compete. What always concerns me about doing it properly is that in my mind you should screed the base first then render down to it running the cove the same time but it is impractible to work on green screeds so the screed has to go in last then the cove run seperate as running the cove in sharp sand and cement screed is not realy viable, hope i havent confused anyone but if anybody has any helpfull ideas on methods please let me know.

hi Lucios... is the job in spain? as they normally gunnite them over there and as you probably well know they gunnite on top of 1/4" wire frame work the gunnite is also semi dry and sprayed up to 50mm
I have done 2 pools in the UK for a caravan park years ago and we 2 coat rendered them with a mix of sharp and washed building sand 50/50 for the scratch with water repellant 10mm and same for top coat 10mm but we did not tile them we put a layer of marbelite render for the finish

lucius said:
Got a swimming pool to price two coats sand and cement render, what is a decent pre recession price m2 for this, if he can afford a pool he can afford a proper price.
The spec he wants is two coats render 13mm, 3&1 mix with wickes waterproofer anyone got any thoughts on that.
For a price, anything in £15, to £20 a metre, is there any steps to do ?, for the curved corners, i use one of those 2 litre plastic water bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.