Sweepstakes

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurek

Private Member
Can't believe it, it's the Grand National next week. Shall we have a sweepstake, say £10 a head. There's usually about thirty or forty runners so the winner could walk away with, say, half the money, about two hundred quid, and then maybe a second. third, and forth. I'll collect all the money if you want ... :rolleyes) Or maybe one of the mods or danny can, just take paypal payments or something ..

Maybe we could do the same for the World Cup ... :RpS_thumbup:

If it involves handing money over to me I'm the mod you want but I recon it's not legal

especially when I **** off with all the money :)

jezza put me down for £200 is just the money from the dreamteam league....................:RpS_thumbup:

2 each then :RpS_thumbsup:

and if we're putting some towards a charity then give that charity a gee gee too :RpS_thumbsup:

it should be alright :RpS_unsure: people do it all over the country at their workplace. flynnyman would be prosecuted. not the rest of us. yeah, charity's a headache. save that for another day ... what's the paypal address to send the dosh to? what should we do, give it to thursday or friday and see how many have signed up? then divvy up the horses? we need to decide on the prizefund

How we planning on drawing the runners out the hat

I could sort that to make it totally random, but I ain't collecting the money :RpS_unsure:
We should see how many (paid) entries we have by Wednesday night then if anyone wants to buy more than one horse they can do. It's 40 runners isn't it?

I could sort that to make it totally random, but I ain't collecting the money :RpS_unsure:
We should see how many (paid) entries we have by Wednesday night then if anyone wants to buy more than one horse they can do. It's 40 runners isn't it?

Do a live draw via Skype Al. ;-)

i was thinking about this in the pub before. it's got to be winner takes all. otherwise its pretty poor odds. say there were forty runners, and you won two hundred quid, that's only twenty to one. most of the runners start off over that. even second and third favourites start at about twelves and fourteens. if all the rides were sold at a tenner each it would be four hundred to the winner, give or take

Status
Not open for further replies.