Sun shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPREADS

Anyone ever experience this,you do a job weather it be skim or render,and the sun catches it for may 5 minutes and creates shades and shadows and it looks real bad ,but when the sun passes it looks perfect again ,I know some tasty brickies have said the same happens on brick work ,any thoughts on this?

Yea i know exactly what you mean. Looks terribble on smooth render. But like you say sun passes and its gorgeous again. Strange.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

and its usally the exact moment the clerk of the works decides to inspect it, that the sun beams down it at the worst possible angle, making a pukka job look rough as toast. The minute he buggers off it clouds over and looks the nuts again. Lol

and its usally the exact moment the clerk of the works decides to inspect it, that the sun beams down it at the worst possible angle, making a pukka job look rough as toast. The minute he buggers off it clouds over and looks the nuts again. Lol

It's always that way lol

I never get that.....................i never get tiger stripes either.................and, i dont use water on finish.........................:RpS_unsure:

OMG..................who am i trying to kid......................................its just a pipe dream............................i'm doomed...............Doomed i tell you........................:RpS_crying:

Someone put a photo up before & like @irish_spread said the 2 inch window cill had a 4 foot shadow :RpS_unsure:
So it looks worse then it is due to the suns angle, well that's what he said he tells his customers anyway :rolleyes)

Last edited by a moderator:
The sun can show up a bump a tenth of a millimetre, anyone who can get a wall 100% with the sun directly to the side of it wants a medal.

there is soon going to be a cure for this problem,,, in 4 billion years the sun would have burnt its self out

But before that happens,winds 1000mph will have swept the planet created by the red giants last Bastille ,there won't be a structure standing ,earth will become a planet of dust

attachment.php

The sun ,lights ,and gloss paint on finished walls sometimes gets me thinking has Stevie Wonder packed in the music and taken up plastering?

Makes me grimace in my conservatory one wall I boarded n set trowelled the duck out of it n fucn Sun .

Even glass can have ripples and defects at the right angle from the sun :)

Or just get scaffold with the netting till they pay up ;)

i stayed in a sandels resort in jamaica the whole place was smooth rendered and in the 10 days i was there i never see any shadows on there work. Fcuk knows how they did it?

There are 2 firms in our area that just do externals, all sprayed, all of it poor. They do all the big jobs near us and most walls have shadows, misses, scrapes etc. I don't know how they get away with it

Status
Not open for further replies.