Suitable Product for patching lime render walls...

roryston

Evening sexys.

Just been to look at a nice job that's a full re skim over a 4 story hallway stairs and landing plus a few other walls dotted around the house.

House is listed.

there s a few blown patches in the walls that will need patching prior to skimming , in Any other situation I would bond hardwall or sand cement it but in this case I would like to use a suitable product that will work with the exsiting lime render on the walls.

Is there a product with similaritys to hardwall/bonding that is also breathable and suitable for this sort of work ?

love and kisses xx

Lime render mate.
Btw, I’d shy away from putting multi over limework, could it be reskimmed in lime? Or maybe that Bauer stuff would be better?

Lime render mate.
Btw, I’d shy away from putting multi over limework, could it be reskimmed in lime? Or maybe that Bauer stuff would be better?

I was thinking of knocking up some lime and laying back in with it. was hoping there was a bagged product that i could use instead...

And yeah mate were going through a few options now of what to skim it over with, they want a flat finish ready to paint so trying to find something that finishes as well as traditional plaster but would work well on the orignal lime finish.

Try Anglia lime . Patch in with there bagged thermalime and can skim over the lot with bagged fine lime . Bloody good stuff

I was thinking of knocking up some lime and laying back in with it. was hoping there was a bagged product that i could use instead...

And yeah mate were going through a few options now of what to skim it over with, they want a flat finish ready to paint so trying to find something that finishes as well as traditional plaster but would work well on the orignal lime finish.
Airless would be ideal mate as skim

There are some fairly decent options but it takes ages to set, I used one recently. Skimmed on the lime left it alone went back on it next day sponge float and trowel up.

What is the existing render ?
I think you’ll be ok with any lime as backing coat , but is always recommended to match it.use lime finish for final coat. I use Ty Mawr

You can use a lime pre grit called DG27 then skim with lime out of tubs ready to go from mike wye of tradlyme or ty mawr.
Do Anglia lime do a pre treatment @Ksh?