Struggling now!!!

Members online

Wtf are you on about mate.... You saying you been in some sort of special forces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. although we were 'special' :)

British Antarctic Survey, Halley V. We occasionally had a summer bar-b-cue or went camping
scan0029.jpg
hinge.jpg
and admired the scenery though, so it wasn't all bad.

I can assure that I started off WAY worse than that when things were normal. ;)

I do know I can handle isolation though. We were all extensively tested before being sent off to spend a year on a 30m x 10m base in Antarctica. Just the 10 of us for 18 months, thousands of miles from any sort of civilisation, dark for six months at a time, no TV, no radio, no post, no telephone, no chance of a ship or plane getting in.

So trust me when I say that sitting on my 4rse at home for a few weeks really won't be a problem.

Was that something to do with the ‘penguin post office ‘ which I watched on bbc4 the other night ?

Was that something to do with the ‘penguin post office ‘ which I watched on bbc4 the other night ?

I've no idea, I didn't see it. Sounds like some weird Postman Pat/Pingu mashup.

Aslong as your doing everything right,as in social distancing you can carry on working,when I say everything right I mean just literally going to and from work and not seeing any elderly people or vulnerable etc,we have been told if you cant work from home then you can work,there want us to keep working or there would of put a blanket ban on us..its tossers not practicing social distancing that are spreading it..I went today,julie stayed in kitchen whilst I did her box room..£100 better off and my mental state is in-tact

Well we went in and did a bit more first coat rendering today. Really bloody awkward keeping the 2m distance between us, but we did it.
Back in on Wednesday for some topcoat and then finish the bit we've done today next Monday.
Then that's it for us. Lucky to have a render to do where we don't need to have any contact with the client at all. Real shame as she was bringing out coffees and sausage and bacon sandwiches every day. She even said she hates seeing us working and not being able to look after us. God I wish every client was as nice as this couple.

Aslong as your doing everything right,as in social distancing you can carry on working,when I say everything right I mean just literally going to and from work and not seeing any elderly people or vulnerable etc,we have been told if you cant work from home then you can work,there want us to keep working or there would of put a blanket ban on us..its tossers not practicing social distancing that are spreading it..I went today,julie stayed in kitchen whilst I did her box room..£100 better off and my mental state is in-tact
My mental state would be f***** if I came home ma with £100, why do you publicise your earnings it's shameful

Pocket change!

What did they want plastering?

Nothing, which is just as well as neither I nor anyone else there was a plasterer. I doubt BG would have fancied putting a warranty on stuff down to -60 anyway. :LOL:

I've no idea, I didn't see it. Sounds like some weird Postman Pat/Pingu mashup.
Ha
The name stems from the fact it’s surrounded by penguins now seeking a bit of shelter .
An operating post office among other buildings put up in late sixties I think .

OK, take the p1ss all you want, this is TPF after all. :)

Every hour or two stop what you're doing then start practising some meditation techniques. Ten minutes at a time to begin with.

The first one is to do nothing and try to not hear anything no matter what the background noise is. Stand or sit in a relaxed position and close you eyes, get an image in your head (a pebble or some other hippy cr4p works well). Focus on it really hard, study the details, colour, surface texture shape etc.The idea being the more you focus on that the less you hear.

Another one is to stand relaxed hands at your sides, close you eyes and focus on the tips of your index fingers. One at a time raise your pointed finger from the rest position to touch the tip of your nose in a big arc. One smooth movement without pausing. You'll probably miss at first, but you're basically recalibrating so don't force it you'll get it after a few goes.

It all works really well with stress and anger management.

There are loads more, but you can google the videos of fit birds (or lads if that's your thing) on YouTube etc.

All this flowery bollox is a load of w4nk until you realise how well it works. ;)
And there’s was me thinking you was the oracle on here :ROFLMAO:

Ha
The name stems from the fact it’s surrounded by penguins now seeking a bit of shelter .
An operating post office among other buildings put up in late sixties I think .

Sounds like South Georgia? It's the only place I can think of down that way with a post office and '60s buildings.

Well we went in and did a bit more first coat rendering today. Really bloody awkward keeping the 2m distance between us, but we did it.
Back in on Wednesday for some topcoat and then finish the bit we've done today next Monday.
Then that's it for us. Lucky to have a render to do where we don't need to have any contact with the client at all. Real shame as she was bringing out coffees and sausage and bacon sandwiches every day. She even said she hates seeing us working and not being able to look after us. God I wish every client was as nice as this couple.
I of still took one , only thing I turn downs me collers