Strange job

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

Just been given a job by a regular builder. They've fitted some new windows and doors for a firm and need them patching up. Turns out the customer is having the room plastered soon and they only want it boarding bonding and beading ready for him to do. Builder said why not just get him to do it. Looks like he is literally just a skimmer. So theyre paying me a day to go and dab the reveals and stick some beads on then some other numpty to come and skim it. Madness. Not that I'm complaining.

Just so long as he doesn't do a rough job and blame your work "The boards weren't flat." "The beads weren't straight." etc.

Just so long as he doesn't do a rough job and blame your work "The boards weren't flat." "The beads weren't straight." etc.

With the amount of time he will have left he can have a good chat to customer , put level on bits he has done and show him your work is fine so no arse can say that afterwards

@beddy ........ take photos of your work m8 ... I always do in situations like that ... then if they do try blame you they'll look clowns when you have pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet:RpS_thumbup: could do with a few nice ones like that, saying that i was sent to a job the other week to skim a cupboard that had been missed on a job we have, when i got there the builder (who is very experienced) said yeah just one coat it and flatten it and leave it at that...................................it was all new tacked boards surly would have been easier to just tape and fill it for that haha

Just been given a job by a regular builder. They've fitted some new windows and doors for a firm and need them patching up. Turns out the customer is having the room plastered soon and they only want it boarding bonding and beading ready for him to do. Builder said why not just get him to do it. Looks like he is literally just a skimmer. So theyre paying me a day to go and dab the reveals and stick some beads on then some other numpty to come and skim it. Madness. Not that I'm complaining.

Sounds like they know what your finish is like.........................:RpS_sneaky:

Skimming ed. Some other dickhead is doing the G** boarding and beading bit. Leaving the proper stuff to us elite tradesmen

Heres a pic of a job I refused to do last week a conservatory comp did the boarding and beading for some reason. I pulled all the beads off took pics then went home

Thats just some of shite. Flappy boards bent beads screws sticking out all on a 20+ grand job

Status
Not open for further replies.