Straightening tips for rendering/ two coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatboi

Hi new to plastering was just wondering whether there were any tips on how to straighten a wall up quicker and easier at the moment im just laying it on reasonably thick an wet pulling the straight over blobbing the little crators then pulling the straight back over, id be gratefull for any input, thanks adam

its a time served trade mate, in other words stick at it and in ten years you will be as good as me. you will get there

Helpful as usual eh? Don't put it on to thick, about 10-15mm is ample, use a feather edge or darby to straighten up, fill in hollows as u say and when it's pulled in enough rub up with wood or poly float and then sponge to finish if external or use a devil float if internal for key to skim later on. If your new u should be using dab and screed as floating is a difficult skill to master!

Nice one for that m8 not done any dab and screed yet just keep banging away at floating luckily i seem to be picking it up quite quick done a few nice walls now not bad for a steel erector i suppose :RpS_biggrin:

i learnt by doing like a 2ft screed across the top and same at bottom, if u knw what i mean, then rule up, then fill middle in and rule across, then fill in holes and rule both ways, hope that helps

Hi new to plastering was just wondering whether there were any tips on how to straighten a wall up quicker and easier at the moment im just laying it on reasonably thick an wet pulling the straight over blobbing the little crators then pulling the straight back over, id be gratefull for any input, thanks adam

are you going 2 tile the wall.is that how you want it strait if so you could dryline it=dot and dab

I heard someone even asked where can you get this product from..............:RpS_lol:......how can we soar like eagles when we are surrounded by turkeys.......:RpS_laugh:

Well,
firstly I would learn how to use a Darby and Feather edge successfully, you can fill 90% of the hollows with those without even picking the trowel back up, just roll the render back on and use a lapping action as you go. If you get my meaning.
Also I would recommend filling any initial hollows first, then apply a tight scratch coat to unify the suction also please key it properly; it is one of my pet hates to see the scratch coat with names written in or just not uni-formally scratched. It does make a difference to the top coat especially if you need to get on it early with the float .
ALWAYS top it with a light sponge to make it perfect. I use a Gyproc jointing sponge in a very very light figure of 8 motion so as not to upset or pull the render, but thats just me.

rpc come on lad tell me how you got the 2 stars under your name and what are they for??

Well,
firstly I would learn how to use a Darby and Feather edge successfully, you can fill 90% of the hollows with those without even picking the trowel back up, just roll the render back on and use a lapping action as you go. If you get my meaning.
Also I would recommend filling any initial hollows first, then apply a tight scratch coat to unify the suction also please key it properly; it is one of my pet hates to see the scratch coat with names written in or just not uni-formally scratched. It does make a difference to the top coat especially if you need to get on it early with the float .
ALWAYS top it with a light sponge to make it perfect. I use a Gyproc jointing sponge in a very very light figure of 8 motion so as not to upset or pull the render, but thats just me.

Spot on this is what a plastering forum is for ( GOOD ADVICE ) Plastering is an art you have to enjoy it to be good at it there are no books dvds or short cuts patience is a virtue and your def need it :)

straight down the back of the trousers with that one marra............:RpS_thumbup:

Hi dear am newbie here and i read this forum it's really nice and informative i really like it i get most of useful information from it which can prove beneficial for me i was need some similar post's but i get your post on first search on Google search engine it's fulfill my need i really appreciate it and keep it up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.