Straight or Taper edge plasterboard? And help on how to joint it.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

midiplaster

Hi, I need a bit of advice on what board to buy.

I have heard so many different things about what I should go with.

I need four 2400mm x 1200mm boards for a small project that I am doing. I may have to cut them down because the area that I am working on is narrow and I may not be able to get them in place.

Where I cut them, I take it that I will need to tape them with scrim tape.

But what about where the boards meet every 600mm? Do I just scrim tape those parts too?

I have been on a couple of courses where I have seen the guys scrim tape every cut.

But I have also read multiple things about using straight and tapered boards etc.

I am going to skim over these boards so I want to make sure that I am using the right board and have jointed it well.

Can someone help.

Thanks

Hi, I need a bit of advice on what board to buy.

I have heard so many different things about what I should go with.

I need four 2400mm x 1200mm boards for a small project that I am doing. I may have to cut them down because the area that I am working on is narrow and I may not be able to get them in place.

Where I cut them, I take it that I will need to tape them with scrim tape.

But what about where the boards meet every 600mm? Do I just scrim tape those parts too?

I have been on a couple of courses where I have seen the guys scrim tape every cut.

But I have also read multiple things about using straight and tapered boards etc.

I am going to skim over these boards so I want to make sure that I am using the right board and have jointed it well.

Can someone help.

Thanks

hiya pal, if your skimming them then square edge is better than tapered as those are for joint taping only. hope this helps?

dont take this wrong way pal... but if you dont know what boards to use, I wouldnt attempt skimming it...

Welcome along midi, :RpS_thumbsup: what do you do bud , please don't say time served plasterer :RpS_scared:

Tape every joint :RpS_thumbsup:

if you dont know what boards you need for a small job then you should not be attempting to skim this ffs honstly:glare:

hiya pal, if your skimming them then square edge is better than tapered as those are for joint taping only. hope this helps?

Thanks I'll get some straight edge ones then.

I've only skimmed on walls where the guys have already put the boards up.

They didn't explain anything about dry jointing or straight edge/tapered boards.

Don't matter what you use mate and if you need to cut boards down for access just cut them in half on the back and fold them in half to get them in then fix them as a full board no need to scrim the cut like.

He ******* better not be. I haven't had any emails asking for permission
get your self a patent beddy,, something like this needs protecting ,, A patent protects new inventions and covers how things work, what they do, how they do it, what they are made of and how they are made. If a patent application is granted, it gives the owner the ability to take a legal action under civil law to try to stop others from making, using, importing or selling the invention without permission. This may involve suing the alleged infringer through the courts, which is costly and time consuming because it involves expert legal advice. The patent owner needs to be able to pay for this civil legal action and advice themselves, although they may get some costs back if they win their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.