Stolen Ritmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Guys, bit of a lurker here !

I have had my Ritmo l stolen out the back of my van (In Birmingham) last week, its only 6 months old
its a long shot but if anybody gets offered one could you please let me know and I will follow it up.

The thiefs did not manage to get all the parts, its missing 15m hose, the gun, air hose, wires and also whisk so basically they got 5m hose and the 3 main parts (hopper, motor and main unit). All the PFT dealers know of it and also know the serial number, I still think I have a chance of getting it back as its useless without the other parts and I think they will be looking at offloading it to someone in trade.

If anybody hears anything please let e know as you can imagine im really p**ed off, you work hard for things in life and then scum bags think they can take things off you, this is why I never buy stolen goods as your only encouraging these people and its not fair on the people who are stolen from !

Unfortunately its not been covered by my public liability insurance, just a word of warning to all you other machine guys, if you have not got yours insured i would really consider doing so as its a lot of money to lose and whenever I get a new one or the other one back, its the first thing I will do !

Thanks Martin 07866731645

Good luck finding it buddy.

You're right about people buying stolen goods too, that makes them just as bad.

Hi Martin

Sorry to hear this, i have been passed the serial number by PFT Wales

We will let you know if we hear of anything

Regards

Stuart

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Pikey King had his van broke into and they left the Monojet but took the Genny! Never made a sound and the wheels never touched the ground (snow). But they forgot the fuel tank!

They did get caught weeks later but he never got his genny back.

Regarding theft insurance, look at the small print. You may find the van is not covered for theft overnight unless it is safely locked up in a building but then it may come under buildings insurance.

As you said its worthless without the whisk which they will have to buy of a dealer.

Unless it goes abroad

Gutted for you

I'm down in the wiltshire area will keep me ears open,I must get insurance sorted for mine!

Get a motor bike anchor welded to the floor of your van and make sure your chain and padlock is up to it. I have a motorbike anchor fitted to the floor of my pick up. Had to look after my pop one night at his place and left the Belle mixer on the back chained up. Good anchor and equally good chain but cheap padlock. They used bolt croppers on the padlock. Now it has a Mowtrax anchor and padlock £120 secondhand off ebay and the chain cost £90 notes. Got a nearly as good chain and padlock on a second part of the belle chassis incase they cut through the Belle chassis.

It is under a low watt 57w floodlight at night and 2 security cameras with noise sensitive neighbours.

Can you take the caddy off a ritmo? If it has one. Useless without the brain or motor.

i will keep a look out down the brighton area and ask the other spreads down here to do the same

Alright Guys, bit of a lurker here !

I have had my Ritmo l stolen out the back of my van (In Birmingham) last week, its only 6 months old
its a long shot but if anybody gets offered one could you please let me know and I will follow it up.

The thiefs did not manage to get all the parts, its missing 15m hose, the gun, air hose, wires and also whisk so basically they got 5m hose and the 3 main parts (hopper, motor and main unit). All the PFT dealers know of it and also know the serial number, I still think I have a chance of getting it back as its useless without the other parts and I think they will be looking at offloading it to someone in trade.

If anybody hears anything please let e know as you can imagine im really p**ed off, you work hard for things in life and then scum bags think they can take things off you, this is why I never buy stolen goods as your only encouraging these people and its not fair on the people who are stolen from !

Unfortunately its not been covered by my public liability insurance, just a word of warning to all you other machine guys, if you have not got yours insured i would really consider doing so as its a lot of money to lose and whenever I get a new one or the other one back, its the first thing I will do !

Thanks Martin 07866731645

There's on here mate have a look. Not saying it's stolen but its in your area 1 day ago.

Link>>Gumtree

Their number: 07814826986 worth a call mate

Last edited:
There's on here mate have a look. Not saying it's stolen but its in your area 1 day ago.

Link>>Gumtree

Their number: 07814826986 worth a call mate

Thanks Its not this guy though as I know Tariq as he works at buildbase and he set this up on purpose the other day, because I told him I had set up a "google alert" to try and find my machine and he said he will post and see if I could find his post, thanks though, if any others come up still let me know.

I hate thiefs, i had some pens knicked once from my van,what they didnt realise was i had been frigging my arse with the pens just prior to the incident.

Sorry to hear about your machine pal if I hear anything I will let you know if you don't hear anything in the next few days would you consider selling me all the other bits I need? ;) what might be worth an idea is hiding one of them iPhone tile tracking things in the machine somewhere so if it does go it gives you a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.