Sto

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
The sto rep
Sent me an email last week out of the blue asking to
Meet with me this Tuesday in Costa at 9:30 am ..... Wtf is that about then??

Nothing to worry about. The Weber rep when I was talking to him used to meet up with me for a catch up chat and so did the SPS Envirowall rep. Both have now moved on to other companies. The Mapei rep Adrian Jones (ex Marmorit) called me for a meeting recently.

Why do they keep moving from company to company?

Seems obvious that he doesn't know your Rich....... Costa don't do a full monty brekki !!!

You will get some nice "Fruit Salad" there though.... :rolleyes)

Have fun!

If he wants to meet to discuss you using his products make sure you make it a carvery instead and make him pay. He'll soon regret it

Yeah come on mr Sto what's it all about lol

I have never worked with sto or had contact with them so it's a bit baffling.

Rigsby watch it if you go out with Adrian for a meal when the bill arrives he seems to disappear..... Don't you Ade lol

Last edited:
He will have heard yo did a couple of jobs in another product that were more than likely sto spec to start off with before the others changed it.

So now he migjt be thinking we shall check this richardbrown out to see if we can bend his ear into using sto. They will ask your turnover. Where you live and what circles you mix in. After that they will decide if you fit the profile to go on the applicators course. The answer should be no by default or maybe.....

.....just maybe sto have actually isolated themselves so much and lost so many specs to equally good products that they may just want to play the game again.

They got some shite applicators up ere mind

www.jfe-rendersystems.co.uk

I would like to be a fly on the wall in this meeting.......

....not to hear about the render talk.....

...But, to here Rich order a Skinny Mocha - extra hot - with an extra shot!! PMSL.... :RpS_w00t::RpS_thumbsup:

Have a good meeting Rich..... sure you know your way to a decent cafe for a full monty afterwards.... (wish I could join you for the monty... lol)

I would like to be a fly on the wall in this meeting.......

....not to hear about the render talk.....

...But, to here Rich order a Skinny Mocha - extra hot - with an extra shot!! PMSL.... :RpS_w00t::RpS_thumbsup:

Have a good meeting Rich..... sure you know your way to a decent cafe for a full monty afterwards.... (wish I could join you for the monty... lol)

you wanna join rich brown for a striptease to the sound of Tom Jones

They have approved applicators but they keep them
To a minimum and look after them. I did try to get sto approved quite a few years ago and they wouldn't have a bar of it.

Will report here later what the crack is.

They have approved applicators but they keep them
To a minimum and look after them. I did try to get sto approved quite a few years ago and they wouldn't have a bar of it.

Will report here later what the crack is.

Good Luck Rich

Remember to ask where all their jobs are..... :RpS_wink: :rolleyes)

im sto approved by default,
in that I got assessed under the umbrella a large outfit that went bust a few years ago that we carried out work for. I wouldnt price a sto system on my own spec as there prices are crazy and never get asked to fit the systems these days, theres equally good systems about, they do look after you but you need big turnovers etc.

Well all went well. They have introduced a cheaper range of products aimed at greendeal/social housing and want to get me onboard for that. Interestingly if I become approved for those products I will have no access to the main sto branded goods.
I complained about this and the rep is having a word with his boss.

See what happens

Not stomix in another guise ?

They have been brandin a cheap product for ewi eco and gd for a while. Theh had an outlet in st helens but they went bust coz there was no money in the work they were supplying for.

It was an ok/cheap ish product

Well all went well. They have introduced a cheaper range of products aimed at greendeal/social housing and want to get me onboard for that. Interestingly if I become approved for those products I will have no access to the main sto branded goods.

See what happens

Ooohh richard your not good enough to use our real stuff so we have a cheap stuff for all the paupers. will you help us.. If parex or marmorit did the same what would you do

Sto mix at St Helens was ok on a budget. Pity they went bust, I have priced up for 3 jobs on Urban West's prices when they had become fassa Bortolio then they went tits up. Now paying up to £20 a m2 more. At their prices though it is no wonder they went under. Service was good though.

Aye rigs the product still exists tho just that one outlet in particular gone under. Was dead handy for me for insulation and profiles etc. I never did like the finish of the product tho - it looked cheap if u know what I mean.

Nothing like sto as such even tho they bought that product. It has actually been in production for years and very similar looking to aval.

To be honest if I know brownie and he was a fan of marmo because it was a good quality product he might not be oversold on the look of the stomix gear or whatever they call it now. Its sto hut its by no means sto

If you catch my drift. Seen deb at the petrol station last week. Not sure what they are doin now

See what happens

id be telling them where to go, the set of tossers.

Hi paul
yea we go on the 12 th jan for 2 weeks, better still were in Thailand nov 5 th. How about you ?
Wifes going Gambia in Nov to pay young uns school fees, but I don't go till 28 Dec , but I will be there for a month :D , love Thailand by the way , amazing place , have you been Bangkok yet ?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.