Sto

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPREADS

Met this german guy on a job recently,he was installing the sto system.It was a small extention ,two days to cover the outside with polystyrene and then he stood around waiting for the rain to stop for five days. He either gets paid a lot of money for it or he lost his bo...icks.

i met an eastern european doing sto reckons they were on about £3oo a day and he said ,you cant use there stuff unless your an aproved contractor and you have to use 30k worth of there product a year , dont know if it was just a yarn or not, but its piss easy to do , trouble was its got no tensile strength and was getting knocked to bits , you can push your thumb through it if you want to .

im not sto registered and when tried they said thy had to many applicators already, so when i get a tender specifying sto, i get the spec changed to parex or dryvit

im not sto registered and when tried they said thy had to many applicators already, so when i get a tender specifying sto, i get the spec changed to parex or dryvit

How do you get the spec changed when you are only tendering. do you price it first stating youre alternative

sto, you need to qualify for 30k worth of credit with them to be an approved contractor , tried to change the spec on a few of sto jobs, unless you can offer the same style spec at a big reduction its not worth trying! they over complicate the spec imo

fekin idiots sto because more and more systems come onto the market now and soon enough the "closed shop gang" will be the minority. all the makers will one day consider an open market merchanting method. sto are only giving this tight criteria for applicators so they can remain truly exclusive because thats their angle when seling their kit. one day architects will learn the sto gear is the same sh1t as the others and then it will change.
I was in keels yesterday and there they have a parex thermal system (just under the lafarge label) on show and on sale to anyone who wants it

Its pushed by the architects and in return i was told they get brought on a little jolly ,golfing in spain ,or playing with hookers in riga,either way its another stroke,you scratch my back ,and ill scratch yours,there is lots of alternative products just as good as STO but they dont get plugged like STO and generally if the architect specs it the client accepts that this is the best system to use

Sto gets specified the most because its the most famous name to mind and one of the first in the uk so their systems are referenced in all the pricing literature that architects and species use its easy to copy it into the spec from there just like a quick ref guide just like BG on the wall side it will always say BG or other equal and sto or other equal so they just use it its down to the other companies reps to get the specs sorted

STO shmo.. They take other peoples stuff and brand it their own. The Lotusan paint is twice what we pay and sto didnt invent it.
The ventec board is brilliant though

most of the new work stuff i price is design build and they will accept any similar product so long as its specified correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.