Sto job

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you contacted sto directly they may know someone... although they may not be able to recommend anybody

I think you have to be an approved installer,I only know as read it in one of the free building mags a couple of weeks ago,it caught my eye as their course is in Birmingham and considered doing it to gain a better understanding of ewi and how it all works.

it is easy to get approved but at a cost!, then it is not so easy to make sure the boys doing the job are doing it by the book(same old, same old,) tight price = corners cut.....

I spoke with a rep yesterday £80 for a 2 day course in Birmingham. I have to price a sto job and they limit applicators to areas with that they give you leads and help you on pricing. In my opinion it's worth the 80 just to be able to price for the works I know 2 days off work travel and hotel ends up costing £500.
But the way I see things is the more you know the more you can do =more money.
The world is changing, people like to know that someone is a special this or special that just so they get there guarantee from the product company and the product company wants to know you have been shown the way for them to back you up and there product.

I spoke with a rep yesterday £80 for a 2 day course in Birmingham. I have to price a sto job and they limit applicators to areas with that they give you leads and help you on pricing. In my opinion it's worth the 80 just to be able to price for the works I know 2 days off work travel and hotel ends up costing £500.
The world is changing, people like to know that someone is a special this or special that just so they get there guarantee from the product company and the product company wants to know you have been shown the way for them to back you up and there product.

They asked me.back at xmas if i would be interested in becoming an applicator. As i had 400m of.sto.ewi.

They said.i could have the gear and become approved. After 3 months of chasing them.weekly for a purchase order we changed the manufacturer to jub and bollox to them.

Hard work

Get
Get in with a manufacturer they all will offer that back up service. I'm sto approved but i don't get anything thrown my way, it all goes to the big boys.
You shouldn't be paying anything for a course, why should you, your out there using there product.
If you need help pricing, you shouldn't be pricing. Get in with manufacturers they'll throw you projects they'll give you back up and support for warranty purposes.
There's an element of trust between manufacture and applicators so that they don't need to come out and look at every project, I'm at the stage where I sign my own projects off I just submit the forms back go the reps.

Get

Get in with a manufacturer they all will offer that back up service. I'm sto approved but i don't get anything thrown my way, it all goes to the big boys.
You shouldn't be paying anything for a course, why should you, your out there using there product.
If you need help pricing, you shouldn't be pricing. Get in with manufacturers they'll throw you projects they'll give you back up and support for warranty purposes.
There's an element of trust between manufacture and applicators so that they don't need to come out and look at every project, I'm at the stage where I sign my own projects off I just submit the forms back go the reps.

Yes I agree paying for a course is bad of any company if your using there product but it's a very small price at £80 is what I was getting at.
And pricing is a tough one I priced a job £512k was my biggest ever I needed involvement from surveyors, outside agents and product company.
It's wasn't your normal 1000m2 job that's already had the workings out and asked to price.
And Sto is the manufacturer I contacted them direct and the guy told me straight.
I'll post his number as you can talk to him yourself I was commenting on what I was told (yes I know he prob buttering me up) but having Sto tied to me or my company is only a plus for £80 and opens more avenues for work even if it's 1 job its 1 job I didn't have

Get

Fancy doing my sto job

Status
Not open for further replies.