sto approved

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whose that ? is he a geordie by any chance.

the sto job is a joke,they think because the are the oldest outfit going there untouchable,when other proucts now adays can spec the same.shooting themselves in the foot.
i applied and they basically told me to feck off.
im in the largest county in the land and across the whole of yorkshire theres only one approved contractor.

Yep Agree , the last two jobs i have done wer spec as Sto anf cos i couldn't get sto to approve me i got marmorit rep a meet with the architect and they changed the spec to marmorit , Sto lost out on two large contracts there plus any future developments

there are a few sto aprooved aplicators down this way and they are dogshit rough, they get any cont to smear it on the wall. there is a big Jurys Inn hotel on the main road you have never seen a panel like it ...... disgusting.

Same as warrior, thats how I deal with STO spec. and same a rich they have some firms over here that I wouldn't have render my dog kennel

You can play them at their own game. A rep i am very friendly with started with them 2 years ago. First thing he did was get me up for their 2 day training and made me approved and that took some work from what i gather.
Then we opened an account and that in itself was a t**t. They wanted 3 years accounts, references the lot. I eventually opened it after about 4 months

The job i was pricing was originally sand cement render and painted and i got them interested in a coloured render. I pushed sto because my mate was there and he would have specced the job. Anyway after a few months they had re specced the job and when i rang for prices i was asked to back of because i wasn't a approved contractor. It seemed they had enough people in my area and sorry for wasting my time. My mate was not aware of what happened but did tell me that i was dealing with wankers so i left it be and FUKK STO

Anyway to play them at their game. If you have any mates who are project managers or builders you trust who do nice size jobs get them to get the rep down then insist you do the job or it goes to a different spec. After a few proven times that this has happened they will want you on board.

usually get spec changed ,but architect fell out with builder so nothings being changed now , wanted someone i could trust to work with us on job, so we dont lose out on future work, so dont want to bring in big firms, thing is now with parex products and sps you can buy off shelf where anyone can doe it sto are slowly losing out ,when architects realise sto applicators and products are no different than any others and they can save a fortune , theyll stop specing it,

oh and parex dont have "trainers"

wait till its all base coated and go down with Elton (monkey is too big) one night and spray it with diesel. Ha watch it slump...................will it?

you are stuart ! i bet its like the honey monster turning up when u get out the van. leave the sas stuff to Elton (big vern) Roberts

rather not get on board with sto to be honest,theyll pay for it in a few year down the line if lads and firms aint using them and all there competitors are getting a foothold.
wheres this parex trainers thing from anyhow, i asked steve keitley about this and he just laughed his tits off.

Last edited:
sto who?? that sort of archaic mindset with their club of applicators is a thing of the past nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies.