stipple finish s/c render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spread010

Hi all,

I am new to the site and after some advice/tips.

I am currently carrying out some remedial repairs to a rendered block of flats, the render has been on for some time but has a stipple effect finish much like artex, Any ideas on how I can match this?
I have so far been advised "trial and error" and also to apply a wetter thin 3rd coat and stipple with a sponge?

I have not come across this before as I am relatively new to the game, Any help would be appreciated.:RpS_thumbup:

Hi Raggles,

I will be sure to take some shots tomorrow, Having done some more research I have just come across Sandtex High Build and think this could be my answer but it is very expensive so will still upload some photos to find out if I can achieve the same results without losing all gp on the job.lol.

You can get stiplers cant you like with loads of lil rubber bits on it and you would dab it on the wet then pull away making the stipple ???

let it go off to your touch then rub it up with a wet spronge float , not too heavy , then pat it , it will give you a nice stipple finish or even just use a float , its a common finish in Ireland called napping ,

let it go off to your touch then rub it up with a wet spronge float , not too heavy , then pat it , it will give you a nice stipple finish or even just use a float , its a common finish in Ireland called napping ,
Pat it pat..I used this finish at home ,bungalows were often finished this way

you can get the same finish as tyrolean by putting a very wet s/c mix through a tyrolean gun.

you sure its not a soft broom head dabbed onto it ..if it is you have to get it on nice and flat with not many trowel marks before dabbing

we used to get stippling brushes from local builders yard cant get hold of em any more but a good stiff hand brush should do job

Status
Not open for further replies.