Stilts

Members online

Gilbert75

Anyone use them, ive recently worked on jobs where I can plaster the ceilings off the deck, peace of piss then trowling up , walking along...
Used to work with people over the years who used them, but didn't bother in the end...

Anyone use them, ive recently worked on jobs where I can plaster the ceilings off the deck, peace of piss then trowling up , walking along...
Used to work with people over the years who used them, but didn't bother in the end...
Get a pair and practice round the house,garden etc. Or just scrim up with them.
I'm a recent stilt convert and after good advice from folk on here I'm finding my legs

Higher spot board? What about mixing up or putting more on the board - do you get off 'em or need a lab?

Have tried them could never get on with them worked with a few who used them they would just workout of the bucket put on some thing, me I prefer a milk crate They loved them though

I'm a recent stilt convert and after good advice from folk on here I'm finding my legs
Great for smaller blokes. Knew someone who went for a pint in his stilts. He was only 5ft1 without them.

Marshalltown the best?
Think I'll get a pair with my grant money...

Are they any good for domestics if floor boards are missing randomly?
Still using milk crates and planks for ceilings!
I'm a relatively latecomer to stilts but haven't had a problem in domestics. I wouldn't use if floor boards are missing tbh. You need to be sure floor is clear

Don’t talk to me about hernia s
Still working wearing a belt to keep it in,darnt go for the opp.
Go for it asap - otherwise when the money runs out they will say you don't need it and a truss is good enough - happened to a friend of mine last year, had to appeal and managed to get decision reversed.

When I say darnt go for opp it because of Covid !
Will probably pay for the opp anyway as don’t need the 8 week lay-off.

In Berkshire the NHS are subbing it out to a separate private hospital even before Covid, (and were very good with my mate) worth asking the question and checking.

Ramboo tools do the best stilts. They are worth the extra money.

I use them pretty much every time I’m skimming. Can’t under stand y u wouldn’t, sooo much quicker and better finish doing ceilings. plus I do all my tops on them then jump off.

Main thing I find when up on stilts is making sure your not hunching over your your bucket too much so I set everything up high, and use a long handled scoop. That ceiling was 90m, and would hate kicking a hop up round to skim a ceiling that size

Attachments

• 8FCC9B44-40F9-4522-823D-8C5B615D1BD7.jpeg
    8FCC9B44-40F9-4522-823D-8C5B615D1BD7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
Main thing I find when up on stilts is making sure your not hunching over your your bucket too much so I set everything up high, and use a long handled scoop. That ceiling was 90m, and would hate kicking a hop up round to skim a ceiling that size
I'm sure the finish was A1 Rich
Is that 90m on your own , two coated ? Even when I was younger I'd shy away from that in one hit and would have to roll the set lol

I'm sure the finish was A1 Rich
Is that 90m on your own , two coated ? Even when I was younger I'd shy away from that in one hit and would have to roll the set lol
No mate, 90 between me an my old partner and it was 2 coats lol I’ve never one coated. I fill tapes, beads, liners , dodgy boarding, then 2 tight coats over. I could do a 90m slab on my Todd but I don’t chase the metres anymore. Did a 60m kitchen ceiling just shy of 3metres high the other day and pissed that in 2.5 hours so know I can still do it when I have too

No mate, 90 between me an my old partner and it was 2 coats lol I’ve never one coated. I fill tapes, beads, liners , dodgy boarding, then 2 tight coats over. I could do a 90m slab on my Todd but I don’t chase the metres anymore. Did a 60m kitchen ceiling just shy of 3metres high the other day and pissed that in 2.5 hours so know I can still do it when I have too
love boat smile GIF

6 bag ceiling on ya todd in 2.5 hrs..
Fair play

I use mine nearly everyday.
Extended my stand with plastic pipe as i can't stand working out of a bucket.
Im sure theyve buggered my knees though. But no more than going up and down steps all day would