Stilts

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillsy

Seen Marshall town stilts for about £150. I did seen other MT stilts for about £300. Any recommendations on a good set. Cheers

I got sur mags after looking about, someone on here mentioned them. I find them very comfortable.

Their good but im not. got an eyeful of skim a week ago my eye got infected, I cant get out to work...

Their good but im not. got an eyeful of skim a week ago my eye got infected, I cant get out to work...

Sorry to hear that mate should wear eye protection like Jude does on ceilings, just takes a few seconds to pop them on! saying that you are bloody messy lol

Yea i have been wearing them, but on this occcasion it was "only a small one" and it was cold out (snow had frozen). I really regret not getting them. Have since ordered myself a nice new pair to wear.......

Am concentrating on getting neater, not so fussed about size of hit anymore have decided I need to get on neat & tidy and the speed will come. Feel like I got to go back to go forward.

Am concentrating on getting neater, not so fussed about size of hit anymore have decided I need to get on neat & tidy and the speed will come. Feel like I got to go back to go forward.

Sounds good mate save yourself a fortune with gear saved and cheaper public liabilty when they dont claim for new carpets :RpS_wink:

i got sum ulka stilts.. there the onlyones ive had so ive nothing to compair them to but i use them alot and i like them, i did my research into stilts before buying them and they had good reveiws. well priced and work so i wud recomend

Hillsy, How much height are you expecting to gain from using stilts? I've got the MT Skywalkers which I find great because they have an adjustable spring for a more natural walking action, but I wouldn't even consider using them on their highest setting of 30".

Hillsy, How much height are you expecting to gain from using stilts? I've got the MT Skywalkers which I find great because they have an adjustable spring for a more natural walking action, but I wouldn't even consider using them on their highest setting of 30".
I used to use them to the max height even walking on tiled floors, madness when I think of it, I only fell of them once, my left leg got caught in an 8x4 but my right leg knew nothing of this and kept going, luckily another plasterer caught me. My bad knee made me give them up, I find them hard on the bones, also as i was the only one who could drive I had to get off them to move the van etc..

I used to use them to the max height even walking on tiled floors, madness when I think of it, I only fell of them once, my left leg got caught in an 8x4 but my right leg knew nothing of this and kept going, luckily another plasterer caught me. My bad knee made me give them up, I find them hard on the bones, also as i was the only one who could drive I had to get off them to move the van etc..

Respect to you John. At the max height I was so cumbersome I knew it wasn't for me. There's some self preservation instinct inside me that won't let me go above 18".

Don't get Marshalltown 2's there horrible surmag do some lovely ones magnesium with gorrila straps if you can get hold of them

ive got the mtsw1 18-30's and i love them but the leg straps are a ballache in the summer when your wearing shorts and i have the scars to confirm that haha i was literally on them all day though.....rolling gague on 90m2 lid:RpS_scared:

Dura stilts are good got the ones with full band round calf with sheep skin lining in them very comfy to use not cheap but had Skywalker and normal mt and both not as good as dura

Seen Marshall town stilts for about £150. I did seen other MT stilts for about £300. Any recommendations on a good set. Cheers
I have second hand ones 18/30 that you could have for £50 pounds, try before you buy if you like, trusting like that I am, but you would have to come to London sw to collect..

Don't get Marshalltown 2's there horrible surmag do some lovely ones magnesium with gorrila straps if you can get hold of them[/QUOTE
Think it was one of your previous posts re: stilts that hepled me make my choice, thanks.
Have been trying to get a set of Gorilla straps but cant find a uk stockist, anyone got any ideas? Can get imported from the USA but the postage is more than the item.

There is one downside to the MT Skywalkers: they are heavy. From their product pictures you'd think that they were light because they are made from aluminium, but when you put them on you soon realise that you'll need to lose some weight. There's also a weight limit so anyone that's obese should consult their scales first.

Last edited:
Guys i think their is good but i am not. Got an eyeful of skim a week ago my eye got infected, I cant the work out for my stuff........ This is good stuff :)

I've got the faithful ones bang on £115 18"-30" I think and I have been on the high setting a few times

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 678
I got a cheap set off eBay had them 5-6 years now minimum and never had a problem
Only thing is the straps when wearing shorts like jase said

I would not go with Marshaltown Stilts. Nothing good to say, I've been walking on stilts for the last 13 yrs generally the tallest since I was tallest on the crew. Dura Stilts are the only way to go. And they offer crazy soft deluxe straps for extra. Never used them but sure look comfortable. Just maintain/inspect once in a while. A cracked stilt brace by the bolt can be a terrible day!

Status
Not open for further replies.