Still not got round to it

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

From my previous moan about weather and tryolean.

i was meant to be doing it today but raining nicely so managed to swop and get some indoor work. I have said ill try again tomorrow. I have checked temps and the day time in meant to be 6 but then dropping down 0 at night. Would you boys leave it or go for it?
I can't decide if to just go for it or if I just need to get motivated to just finish it.
Cheers

it may not be a good idea if the render coat has got wet. if the render is dry and you have put loads of lime in the top coat i would spray.

yeh dont attempt it til renders dry.. I;ve been gunning old dashing off a stack today, fukin freezing, ready to mono monday..

I've explained to the customer that there is a risk that it will freeze, I'm hoping he postpones it. Im going to write it up and get him to sign it saying that it is going against my advice if we do it with these temperatures. Then if it does freeze and blow there will be no come backs.

Would you boys attempt it if day temps are around 5 -6 and then night 0?

yeh, should be ok, cant you get any cover on it overnite ? ie some tarp on the scaff.. make sure with the scaffs tho, as it will need extra ties.. case wind gets up..

No, I,d mix exactly the same, but any damp on the render and the tyro will hang and drop, keep the gun moving mate..lol.. dont be tempted to build up too soon...

Cheers buddy. Yeah it bloody rained today. When I did the top coat it hung around for ages. Just worried that I'll get a pass on and then I'll be waiting around. Should have put my price up as could be an extra trip out there. If it does hang around. It's so bloody tempting to build up quick. Haha

Good thing with tyro is you can always leave it and come back.. same as me with mono job im on.. why the **** do we take em on this time of year... we are nobheads...lol..

I forgot to say with my mix I'm doing it in sand and cement. Would you bother adding frost protector in it?

I would add that mate.. not done that before tho, I use cullamix... why you using sand/cement ? save money on cullamix ??

Yeah, not my choice. I quoted for cullamix and they said about cost and said could they do it in sand and cement. So going to give it ago. Wish me luck as I've always used cullamix also.

I;d have told em to bollox mate..lol.. and they gotta paint it after, so no cheaper.. hows sand/cement work like thru the gun ?? bet its a mare..

I told them they would have to paint it, but never mind.
It worked ok to be fair, used quite a wet mix and had good suction so managed to get a few passes on - but if anybody wants it in sand and cement again I'm putting the price up, my arms are killing me.

I told them they would have to paint it, but never mind.
It worked ok to be fair, used quite a wet mix and had good suction so managed to get a few passes on - but if anybody wants it in sand and cement again I'm putting the price up, my arms are killing me.

Ha ha! Done a few tyro,s with s&c for tight sods and the box weighs a ton! Seems to use a lot more to. But ok for a patching job that's about all. Would not do a full house it would pull a tendon in the shoulder.

Tell me about it my left fore arm is like Popeyes, just from holding it. Luckily it's not my drinking arm.

I forgot to say with my mix I'm doing it in sand and cement. Would you bother adding frost protector in it?

it is dead easy to spray a tyrolean pattern in sand and cement, we render and spray the same day. mix very wet a just a light spray, do not worry about seeing the render coat as it all will be decorated. you should earn well on this.
i would not put any frost proofer inthe mix as the spray should dry out quick as it is so thin.

Tell me about it my left fore arm is like Popeyes, just from holding it. Luckily it's not my drinking arm.
you should have seen the early tyrolean machine it had to be strapped to your body with straps going over your shoulders. there was only one chap locally who could pick the damn thing up. we would strap it to him then give him a full bucket full into the hopper and watch him stagger a round the scaffolding.
the next tyrol machine same design as the plastic one only in metal and a bit heavier.
the best way to hold the gun is by locking your wrist. i do have do the spraying as none of the others in my team seem to get the hang of holding it so that your arms do not ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.