Stevie gerrard

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard is the greatest player ever to wear the red for me. The time is right, he owes nothing to no one.
The best premier league player I have seen in our generation in fact.
over three decades the man has given everything. Good luck to him.

The worrying thing is my club is slowly becoming like any old other club year by year. And Gerrard leaving is another step.

With Gerrard though, it's not just the player on the pitch, it's his leadership skills etc as well. Model pro.

There wasn't much news when Paul scholes left man utd. But when Gerrard leaves Liverpool it's all over the news. Just shows how much better he was

Gerrard is the greatest player ever to wear the red for me. The time is right, he owes nothing to no one.
The best premier league player I have seen in our generation in fact.
over three decades the man has given everything. Good luck to him.

The worrying thing is my club is slowly becoming like any old other club year by year. And Gerrard leaving is another step.

He was good ,not the best

Spoke to a mate who has a season ticket and the games are selling for silly money to see him.taking my lad to west ham game end of this month.its his first game also.kop end!!!

Over 17 years I can't think of anyone better. Who do you have in mind ? Don't say Ronaldo or scholes.
Just off the top of my head ,viera,Roy Keane, Thierry Henry ,and although I would rather gerrard got to say lampard for the goals he scored from midfield,just to name a few,and I'm a Spurs season ticket holder

I would reserve Henry from that list, I would love to sit in the pub with u and debate who was the best out of them but the others nah. Don't get me wrong viera was a huge player but no Gerrard.

I would reserve Henry from that list, I would love to sit in the pub with u and debate who was the best out of them but the others nah. Don't get me wrong viera was a huge player but no Gerrard.
I think henry is the best all time prem player,Gerard never quite done it for England,the others mentioned all done well for their countries ,spose lampard never quite reached club level performance , I also think the best English and Spurs player of my generation and I'm nearly 50 is gazza. What a talent

Giggs would be more high profile simply because of consistent success the club had throughout his career

Don't believe everything g you read in the daily fail.

Scholes was good, very good. I understand utd fans adoration 100% But he invited to this table let's be honest.

Last edited:
I think henry is the best all time prem player,Gerard never quite done it for England,the others mentioned all done well for their countries ,spose lampard never quite reached club level performance , I also think the best English and Spurs player of my generation and I'm nearly 50 is gazza. What a talent
cant argue with that @superspread, best player ive seen

Last edited by a moderator:
Stevie is a great player. But not as good as scholes. But your a pool fan am utd fan this could go on for ever. We should go for a drink. Lol

pieces written in the aftermath of retirement are often glazed over with sentimantal romance. same too can be said about Gerrads pieces I have read Tibutes from everyone from all over europe probably the same when scholes retired. time will tell us.

i like the line in the scholes piece most gifted midfielder "almost certainly" note who's name is mentioned shortly after.

Do you recon had scholes been in a team that never won the title so worldy acclaimed ?

I think gerrards biggest accolade is his renonwned recognition for a player in a team that never won the title.
He made those title less years so enjoyable, so good, so much more worthy, thats saying something considering we never won it in his career.

That night I danced around taskim square all night long will forever remind me of Gerard lifting the cup up I can still see it now legend in my eyes

Gerrard was the best in his position sure,
but your not comparing like for like with other positions they all bring different qualities to the table. So I'd put schmichel up there, the amount of times he pulled off wonder saves he was worth 15 points a season for Man U in the mid to late 90's.
Or Henry he came as a winger but wenger turned him into a world class centre forward and a goal scorer, but I always recon the best forward was alan shearer, left foot right foot good in the air and holding the ball up, and a great talker within the team, bergkamp, Zola, cantona all had more skill but I'd have shearer in my forward line. Just because he didn't win premier league trophies doesn't mean he wasnt a world class forward. You could argue Owen would be in there in his younger days but he effectivly retired at 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.