step ladders

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
My y frame ladder took the knock today after many yrs service. Got a few 10 ft lids lined up in next few weeks and was looking for some step ladders. Any one use the cheapo aluminium ones or are the youngman type worth the extra cash...

My y frame ladder took the knock today after many yrs service. Got a few 10 ft lids lined up in next few weeks and was looking for some step ladders. Any one use the cheapo aluminium ones or are the youngman type worth the extra cash...
You get what you pay for windyfor windy

Cheap ones are illegal on site, you need a rated, and a risk assessment and a method statement before you use a step ladder, you maybe be finished before you do all that of course..

Fook stilts I'm 15 st and a messy bugger so I'd be dead first time on them. Its not for site only do the odd domestics

iv got some stilts but i only use them if im tacking ceilings with someone. i hate the fookers and manage ok with a beer crate or a hop up im 6"3.
The problem i have is i cant walk forward in them lol only side step wtf.

Yeah I've got the same crate and hop up only had my stilts out 2-3 times in the last few months

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Prefere batons for big lids like trestles or been crates in each corner , gettin used to my stilts just no gd if your only in one room cos need floor clear !

Windy costco were knocking out youngman ladders for 50 rips!went 3times and they were still there!

minix max scaffold on wheels are great

minimax_3_hi_res.jpg

youngman_minimax_279.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!jcE-dkgdYwNBPu7TSzTGw~~60_35.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.