Stay or walk. Away

Members online

carys

Stared a job after somebody scratch coated the house and got the boot! and huge it a huge house. The owner Doesn't know what mix or nothing about the Sctatch I've done my my mix 5 1 half lime thinking the scratch is 4 1. It blown in some places, he asked me to try 6 1, do I walk away from this or finish place don't need the stress! Any suggestion lads?

Stared a job after somebody scratch coated the house and got the boot! and huge it a huge house. The owner Doesn't know what mix or nothing about the Sctatch I've done my my mix 5 1 half lime thinking the scratch is 4 1. It blown in some places, he asked me to try 6 1, do I walk away from this or finish place don't need the stress! Any suggestion lads?
I Never touch anyone’s prep/scratch coat not worth the agg

f**k that.gif

I would forget about sand and cement.
remove the original scratch coat and replace with a coat of rend aid, full mesh lay down the rend aid and scratch.
as it is a huge huge house it will have a huge budget .

The scratch seemed OK. I'm just think it could 5 1 and I've finished on 5 1 half
I'm assuming that you made sure that your top coat is thinner than their scratch, in which case it wouldn't really matter that they were the same gauge. As I said earlier, I wouldn't expect any mix, no matter how wrong to shell off so quickly.

I'm assuming that you made sure that your top coat is thinner than their scratch, in which case it wouldn't really matter that they were the same gauge. As I said earlier, I wouldn't expect any mix, no matter how wrong to shell off so quickly.
Scratch key not good enough

Top coat is always a butter coat nice light ther scratch coat could of being a light skim over blocks. As far as I know! If mine was a bit thicker would that made a difrent?

Top coat is always a butter coat nice light ther scratch coat could of being a light skim over blocks. As far as I know! If mine was a bit thicker would that made a difrent?
If they were both 5:1, but your top coat was thicker it is therefore stronger.
Did you put waterproofer in the top coat?