Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

djlplastering

Hiya everyone I've just registered and am looking for some advice.

For the last couple of months I have been generally labouring for a plasterer, mixing up and cleaning out buckets etc.

I've just enrolled on an 8 week city and guilds course at South West School Of Plastering and would like to go self employed after completing. I've managed to source some rendering work, which should keep me busy for about a week after the course. Just wondering if anyone had followed the same sort of plan and how you had got on? also any advice on what advertising you did would be appreciated

Thanks

djlplastering

SW school of plastering is in Wellington Somerset.

Do the course continue labouring and watch and learn the course will only show you how to plaster when you get into the real world your face all kind of hurdles u'll learn how to get over these by labouring alongside some1 with experience...when you feel confident to go alone theres lots to think about u'll be running your own business.

advertising many types...starting out i'd recommend high quality leaflets door to door, high quality business cards, parish magazines.

google 'businesslink' there free 3 day business start up courses are free and will cover sales + marketing/business planning/finance.

Status
Not open for further replies.