Started This Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats your gaff tony..aint it:RpS_sneaky:

just think tho..a gaff that size,you an your mrs could live there and not see each other for weeks:RpS_thumbup:

Lovely place , been there. Must be very wealthy couple for such massive house in prime land but not sure that close to cliff as heard all the stories of cliffs falling down after the storms.

Cliffs are pretty stable there. There was a house down the road that sold for nearly £2m a while back which isn't a patch on this one.

Tell me about it Ryan. I've got about a weeks work left on this one at Polzeath. Had to pull off to start the other one to keep client happy. This is 5 beds, 6 bathrooms, games room etc. and a holiday home, in a massive plot.
And the view.

Wow. I imagine it feels nicer to look out the window w at that when you're working rather than a row of rat infested 2 up 2 downs.

I couldn't live too far away from the sea. I get some nice jobs Ryan. Got another 2 similar properties to the Polzeath one coming up. Trouble is I do most of it on my own, as decent help is hard to find. Had to load out the one at Carlyon Bay on my own, dragging boards up through the stairwell. It's hard going as the seaward elevation is almost fully glazed. It's like working in a greenhouse.

Is it common to dryline houses? I figured it was just airports and commercial.

Couldn't fancy doing it on my own though, heavy work if there is just one person.

So is there shortage of plasterers in Cornwall as I only learned plastering after moving out of Cornwall and learned the trade here in hellhole Grimsby.

I'm a dryliner mate. These jobs are boarded, taped & skim coated. There's a shortage of good trades everywhere. Plus I am really a fussy c**t.

It never ceases to amaze me how much a sea view adds to the value of a property. Here is the view from the flats we are working on now. They are £80,000 more than for the same property with half the view

It never ceases to amaze me how much a sea view adds to the value of a property. Here is the view from the flats we are working on now. They are £80,000 more than for the same property with half the view

I'd pay extra for that.

@TonyM they got anyone in mind for the cornice work mate?

They aren't having any at the moment . The house has the Georgian facade on the roadside only. From the sea it is nearly all glass,hence the reason for the skim coat on the boards as the light will pick up the slightest discrepancy in the surface. It's going to be quite contemporary internally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.