Stapling beads with staple gun??

Members online

dreamfinish

I'm thinking of getting a staple gun to fix skim beads?? whats the drawbacks of using staples to tack skim beads? what staples to use? do some staple rust ? Galvanised staples ? Stainless staples,? Decent guns?? Thoughts please

Had a tacwise before was bang on but it's only good for light work not for everyday use, now using a dewalt one it's keep going so far, if it packs up will try the sharpshooter what marshy recommended

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Only downside is you will always get a little punk pick up your stapler and start firing it like a gun, staples going all over the place. At that point just fight the urge to slice the little f**k**s throat with your skimming trowel.

Ive had Stanley, the big heavy duty arrow one, and the best of all the dewalt.
The dewalt doesn't need half the power to fire as the others, which is handy when over reaching which we all do

As for staples, any T50 will do, only used arrow and Stanley sharpshooter, just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wudnt use owt else but a staple gun..Stanley heavy duty 1 for me with Stanley staples which are cheap from amazon..buy big boxes at a time from amazon 10000 I think for a tenner or sumat

I put them into s&c and almost everything, on really hard backgrounds, the staple might be a bit more pronounced but a quick tap of the hammer to flatten them sorts it. Hate using clouts where it can chip off the plaster on other side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a Dewalt Stapler, I find the 12mm G staples best
That guy rang me couple weeks bk about that Job said I ring him bk at dinnertime as was half way thru a gage..phoned him bk and joker never picked up or rang me bk..his loss

I use1 mm electric cable clips on internal reskims over wood beads or hard angle scrim first then pull plastic bit of and fire away bit of a pain but won't rust or pop render jobs a good un never had a problem!!!!

Wow some people make there job alot harder than it actually is..stapled for 10 years and never been called bk on a rusty staple

Wow some people make there job alot harder than it actually is..stapled for 10 years and never been called bk on a rusty staple
Use staples too but rough ass joiner seems to like twatting his skirting board against beads,he shouldn't of left his tools all over when I skimmed a big ceiling,pay backs a bitch,bitch!!!!

Use staples too but rough ass joiner seems to like twatting his skirting board against beads,he shouldn't of left his tools all over when I skimmed a big ceiling,pay backs a bitch,bitch!!!!
Our philosophy is wats ever quickest way for us..im well past caring about other trades now been doing it 2 long

faakin too right there pal
Used to be all or we cant do this and that because joiner/sparky wont be able to do this or that..now I'mike f**k it dot it or whatever not my problem..done a house last week walls were about 25mm out,leaned out at the top so joiner puts his window bottoms on and there's 25-30mm on the bullnose of the window bottom so by time uve dotted ur board plum and got ur bead on with skimming uve got hardly owt left on ur window bottom..do I care!? Do I balls not anymore..same with sockets on walls with door casings not being chased in so the socket face is 10mm in front of the door casing! Knowbody cares about how we wil get around it

it's that same old shhit attitude oh the plasterer will get over well I'm like you now don't give a flying anymore
Forgot to mention window fitters not cutting foam back,joiners not cutting foam bk on door frames/window bottoms,joiners leaving packers sticking out of door casings,screeders not cutting kingspan bk that sticks up 5 inches around perimeter of walls..dont get me going on sparkys/plumbers

that fukin winds me up when they use that speed fit fuuk in massive elbows that are always bending upwards away from the wall cuunts

that fukin winds me up when they use that speed fit fuuk in massive elbows that are always bending upwards away from the wall cuunts
Yep..want shooting the lot of em..knw wonder were miserable bastards wen on site and knw1 likes us

1466365872120.jpg

I like sparkies they're very good at butchering ingoes to fish cables thru.

U ever seen a sparky trying to take a board off and re screw it back up..its hilarious there cant hold a board and screw..and screw bk into the same holes there taken screws out..