Staircase wall blown

harryj490

hello there all. I'm after so useful advice. I have a stairwell wall to plaster but the exsisting plaster has blown in places. And I'm doing the work for family. Which way would you go? As I'm worried once I start taking some of the blown plaster of it's going to get bigger and bigger.. would it be worth a go to do than and than patch up with hardwall.. than re skim complete wall or . Remove whole lot back to bare brick than float and set? I am a little worried as havent done a lot of float and set as going up the stairs will need to set up platform and worried it will go of on me .. please help.. Harry.

hello there all. I'm after so useful advice. I have a stairwell wall to plaster but the exsisting plaster has blown in places. And I'm doing the work for family. Which way would you go? As I'm worried once I start taking some of the blown plaster of it's going to get bigger and bigger.. would it be worth a go to do than and than patch up with hardwall.. than re skim complete wall or . Remove whole lot back to bare brick than float and set? I am a little worried as havent done a lot of float and set as going up the stairs will need to set up platform and worried it will go of on me .. please help.. Harry.

hello your problem isnt a problem....myself and @gps will surely give a report on what works needs carried out.
message my partner gps he will guide you through progress of works for a small monthly fee.

It's has skirting going up the stair and worried will struggle to dot dab it.
Do you mean a stringer? I would hack it all off and dab it. You should only have skirting at the top and bottom of the stairs so just replace it if need be and you should have plenty depth still on the stringer

Start out by knocking off the dead gear if it gets bigger it gets bigger! If you are left with a couple of patches then all well and good if not then either float and set it or dab 9.5mm boards on so you do not lose the top of the stringer on the staircase simples. Tour worrying about it too much youngun. If they are family just explain the craic and away you go.

Start out by knocking off the dead gear if it gets bigger it gets bigger! If you are left with a couple of patches then all well and good if not then either float and set it or dab 9.5mm boards on so you do not lose the top of the stringer on the staircase simples. Tour worrying about it too much youngun. If they are family just explain the craic and away you go.
Raggles I will upload a picture tomorow of it if you could help me out tell me what u think mate.

Where are you?

I'm just pricing one up at the moment.
I usually wouldn't go near anything somebody else has made a mess off but I feel sorry for this young lad he's been had good and proper by the next door neighbour.

He's half bonded the stairs as it had gloss paint on it said it needed bonding because skim wouldn't stick to the gloss.
What I joker. I pulled all his bonding off with my finger nail!!!!.

Anyhow it needs all hacking off and starting a fresh it's all too far gone.

They are a nightmare but you just get it done.

You should see state of rest of house this guys done.
Oh and he's also a tiler a joiner and a kitchen fitter!

The poor lad has been living in a bedroom with no kitchen or anything since October!

He's asked me if we can book it in after he gets paid next month so he can save the money as he's got no savings left after other guy more or less took him to cleaners.

The lads only a pup no older that maybe 20 and knew no better.

I'm just pricing one up at the moment.
I usually wouldn't go near anything somebody else has made a mess off but I feel sorry for this young lad he's been had good and proper by the next door neighbour.

He's half bonded the stairs as it had gloss paint on it said it needed bonding because skim wouldn't stick to the gloss.
What I joker. I pulled all his bonding off with my finger nail!!!!.

Anyhow it needs all hacking off and starting a fresh it's all too far gone.

They are a nightmare but you just get it done.

You should see state of rest of house this guys done.
Oh and he's also a tiler a joiner and a kitchen fitter!

The poor lad has been living in a bedroom with no kitchen or anything since October!

He's asked me if we can book it in after he gets paid next month so he can save the money as he's got no savings left after other guy more or less took him to cleaners.

The lads only a pup no older that maybe 20 and knew no better.

What and you believe him?

I done that celling in the end reeves it come out okay I tired to make the celling line best I could with putting on wall below it on hopefully when I paint I shall get it a little nicer but it's come out good

Attachments

• IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 267
I done that celling in the end reeves it come out okay I tired to make the celling line best I could with putting on wall below it on hopefully when I paint I shall get it a little nicer but it's come out good
Did you tape the line first or just freehand it ?

What and you believe him?
Yeah mate 100%
You know you get a gut feeling when you first meet a customer. I honestly do believe him.
He's a young lad and knew no different
Always rented and lived mainly in York.
Got himself a house near me which isn't the best area but houses are cheap enough.
Trying to get it to a nice enough standard and just been taken for a complete ride.

I could have told him blue was green and he would have believed me.

Luckily I'm a nice chap and told him straight up he'd been had and it all needed to come off.

Him and his "mate" not so sure he is his mate if you get me are going to knock it all of to save a bit of money.

The other fellas made him but all this gear that he don't need then been just taking it then saying need more etc

Wrong on what!! Quite sad tbh. f**k**g mad. I just do it free hand. Should of but I come out alright mate . I have under a bay window to do it's like a 3 angles do I need to use any beads on it .. thin stop beads . as I'm not the best doing hard angles. As I'm still learning .. I'll show u a pic but rad still on.

Wrong on what!! Quite sad tbh. f**k**g mad. I just do it free hand. Should of but I come out alright mate . I have under a bay window to do it's like a 3 angles do I need to use any beads on it .. thin stop beads . as I'm not the best doing hard angles. As I'm still learning .. I'll show u a pic but rad still on.
Why don't you just sweep it?
Wouldn't use stops makes more hard work.
Or do then wet and run angle tool down both sides to make it straight

Yeah mate 100%
You know you get a gut feeling when you first meet a customer. I honestly do believe him.
He's a young lad and knew no different
Always rented and lived mainly in York.
Got himself a house near me which isn't the best area but houses are cheap enough.
Trying to get it to a nice enough standard and just been taken for a complete ride.

I could have told him blue was green and he would have believed me.

Luckily I'm a nice chap and told him straight up he'd been had and it all needed to come off.

Him and his "mate" not so sure he is his mate if you get me are going to knock it all of to save a bit of money.

The other fellas made him but all this gear that he don't need then been just taking it then saying need more etc

Sorry, he sounds okay. You just can't be too careful. I got messed about by that Nigerian Clyde that time with the post dated cheque.

I got messed about first job after Christmas. Was a right nightmare.

So I know exactly what your saying.

Little feeble thing this lad is.
Not very often I feel sorry for a potential customer but today I did.

I said same thing to @Pagey last night. Wouldn't usually touch it but this one I think I will.