Stair Rods

Status
Not open for further replies.
look a good idea... though would rather tell customer to get them lifted and put back down after myself!

I often remove doors on domestics, these could be handy for stopping splashes of plaster going through the opening. And keeping nosy customers out of the way :RpS_thumbsup:
Must leave a bit of slack for passing cups of tea through though :RpS_unsure:

Water still goes through dust sheets and so does dust lol Doesnt with roll n stroll. If youre only working upstairs a roll lasts for ages and if you re actually working on the stairs just price a roll into the job. Only a tenner Or so?

It is good stuff @beddy but as soon as winders are involved it's a pain, plus it's extra waste to get rid of and pulls most people's carpets up. I have seen your other posts on roll and stroll and no how much you love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely roll and stroll, most of my customers like me to leave it down for when they decorate...
Saves time on exit :-D

I just don't see any point in not using it mate. The more you use it the quicker and neater you get. I've got a 2" bit of pvc trim about 2ft long and use it to get ur tight into the stairs. Ill do a set of stairs in a couple of minutes and it stays down till im done. Even then I offer to leave it down while the customers carting paint carpet and furniture etc about and more often than not they thank me for leaving it!

There is the odd job where the carpets are minging and it won't stick lol. And they ask why.... awkward!! If you use dust sheets those things are a good idea though

Yes in rooms I use tarps and staple them to either the wooden floor underneath or carpet gripper. Or skirting if necessary.

Yes in rooms I use tarps and staple them to either the wooden floor underneath or carpet gripper. Or skirting if necessary.

I use roll and stroll in rooms too, lapping it up the skirting. An old sheet on top to soak up any spashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.