Stains on Monocouche render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithuk

Private Member
We are doing a mono in chalk, the builder has got us in way to early,no windows , roof not finished, ect . The roof timber have got wet and stained the walls in areas ,what would be the best brick acid to use ?and is this the best way , cheers guys

If it is the timber bleeding and washing down I have to say you will really struggle to get rid completely. Seen this in the past even on silicone texture coat and it was stained for good.

If it is the timber bleeding and washing down I have to say you will really struggle to get rid completely. Seen this in the past even on silicone texture coat and it was stained for good.
Thanks mate , looks like he will have to paint it

Brick acid only cleans cement stains,not sure it would do the mono a lot of good either.

We are doing a mono in chalk, the builder has got us in way to early,no windows , roof not finished, ect . The roof timber have got wet and stained the walls in areas ,what would be the best brick acid to use ?and is this the best way , cheers guys

as you know most builders are clueless. so when a builder tells me that it is ready for rendering i go and have a look to make sure, then tell him what he needs to do before he phones again.

as you know most builders are clueless. so when a builder tells me that it is ready for rendering i go and have a look to make sure, then tell him what he needs to do before he phones again.
Tried all that Malc , but this is the way he wanted it done mate , do feel sorry for him ,he has been building this house for 3 years for himself

We have to this for a few builders we work for.

Funny it's always the same few and the same jobs that need doing.k

Have you tried lanko mousse on it? I've done this before with a bit of light pressure on a jet wash. Dilute it with water let it soak in wash down. I've used this on stains from silt from a temporary gutter, and it came up a treat.

Tried all that Malc , but this is the way he wanted it done mate , do feel sorry for him ,he has been building this house for 3 years for himself

Well I wouldn't feel sorry for the pratt if you warned him it wasn't right to render at that stage.

Super dooper intelligent builders won't be told how to run the jobs by stooopid plasterers. "Do it or il get someone else"

We have had this problem time and time again. Builders rushing a job and we always advise them of best approach it always falls on deaf ears. Get it done and balls with the consequence is their opinion. Not how I like to work but sometimes you have to do what is necessary

We have had this problem time and time again. Builders rushing a job and we always advise them of best approach it always falls on deaf ears. Get it done and balls with the consequence is their opinion. Not how I like to work but sometimes you have to do what is necessary
Sometime ,**** happens , just feel sorry for the guy , and i don,t want to walk away from a job that i,m not happy with ,even due to no fault mine

well dont answer my bloody question then @keithuk....................:rolleyes)

Last edited by a moderator:

Did this one in mono 3 years ago in the winter. Rain wash lashing down, overnight temps were below freezing. We told the client to hold off for as long as he could but wouldnt have it. Our other job (barn conversion with about 900m2 of scimming) had no windows in and was about -4 inside. both jobs told us to crack it out or walk. We managed to maintain the standard of work but it was a long cold wet miserable couple of months.

Did this one in mono 3 years ago in the winter. Rain wash lashing down, overnight temps were below freezing. We told the client to hold off for as long as he could but wouldnt have it. Our other job (barn conversion with about 900m2 of scimming) had no windows in and was about -4 inside. both jobs told us to crack it out or walk. We managed to maintain the standard of work but it was a long cold wet miserable couple of months.
We done one start of the year , full covered scaffold , nice to watch the snow in the dry :RpS_thumbsup:

It,s all apart of the job Andy , you have been there like all of us

I know it Keith but I'm fecked if I'm going to feel sorry for them whenthey don't listen and it goes tits up, but then as pointed out by Paul I'm a mardy bugger and you're a jolly nice chap.

I know it Keith but I'm fecked if I'm going to feel sorry for them whenthey don't listen and it goes tits up, but then as pointed out by Paul I'm a mardy bugger and you're a jolly nice chap.
Believe that then , then your believe anything mate :RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.