Stained skim beads

Members online

jollyolly

Hiya folks
Just skimmed some p/ b's after d and d, the skimming is drying slow, suspect its because its a cold damp empty house, my question is why do the skim beads look like they are rusting? Its only been a week since skimming.

Hiya folks
Just skimmed some p/ b's after d and d, the skimming is drying slow, suspect its because its a cold damp empty house, my question is why do the skim beads look like they are rusting? Its only been a week since skimming.
Anyone been sanding or scraping the galvanized surface of beads

I’m sure someone on here once said it’s to do with what they coat them with to stop them sticking together. Can show discolouration.

Yeah cheers heard that before, does'nt seem to happen in a dry house though. Confused...maybe crappy beads bought in bulk?

Up n down scraping gear off. I’ve watched a spread to it 10 times before. Taking the metal with it.

Some beads aren’t dipped as long so will only have a thin coat.

up down n wipe off with brush job done

If he means the wings that are under plaster. Some beads come lubed which can do it. Stains while drying. Be reet when painted tho. Think the simpson ones are lubed.

catnic best ones

said it few times but no one listens. Theyre Galvanised .So if keep going over em will take it off n will rust.

has @essexandy been near em with his power sander? Loves a bead rub down him
Only beads I've ever had rust did so under the skim not the nice clean arris. I can't remember what brand they were but they were from Wack and in a cold damp new build and only the two where boards were dabbed onto engineering bricks, hence all the moisture coming forward through the boards.
Never, ever ever had a bead rust due to them being cleaned.

Only beads I've ever had rust did so under the skim not the nice clean arris. I can't remember what brand they were but they were from Wack and in a cold damp new build and only the two where boards were dabbed onto engineering bricks, hence all the moisture coming forward through the boards.
Never, ever ever had a bead rust due to them being cleaned.
Me either but I bet if scraped em enough they would

Attachments

• 1573649274452368159303.jpg
    1573649274452368159303.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 275
Keep hearing this about rust on beads. I've never seen it or had it happen so starting to think cheap beads and poor quality is the problem. Watch what you buy.

I have a load of beads that are sat on my trailer that is outside and have been for over a year... no rust... and they are from wickes!!!
It's not rust that causes the bleed through the plaster. Only seen rusty beads in a kitchen or bathroom that have been exposed to water or moisture directly over years.. Scraping beads once skimmed would need to be excessive to remove galvanized coating
. Most likely just grease or oil on beads through manufacturing that shows through once dried.

It's not rust that causes the bleed through the plaster. Only seen rusty beads in a kitchen or bathroom that have been exposed to water or moisture directly over years.. Scraping beads once skimmed would need to be excessive to remove galvanized coating
. Most likely just grease or oil on beads through manufacturing that shows through once dried.

yup I agree to all of that

Read about court case because of rusted beads on another forum. Also seen it pop up in chats. Something is going on