stabiliser before pva'ing on a skimmed wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballsdeep

Hi lads re-skimming a re-skimmed wall which hasn't been painted. just wondering if any of you lads have ever used stabaliser before pva on a wall that's been skimmed already and if it's ok to do so? cheers

I like to use blue grit the day before and depending how big an area? Or to give you more working time? Then a quick coat of watered down PVA (3:1 ish??) Works fine mate :RpS_thumbup:

Hi lads re-skimming a re-skimmed wall which hasn't been painted. just wondering if any of you lads have ever used stabaliser before pva on a wall that's been skimmed already and if it's ok to do so? cheers

Yes it's ok to do so, but i would just pva it, I only use stabilising solution on old dry lime plaster before pva.
Use a water based one then pva when dry.

Well ave jus been working to day on a few walls a gritted yday , top half paintedbottom skimmed and no paint , didnt really notice any difference in setting or suction ..... Just give them a grit

The main reason I started using gritted bonding agents was to cut out having to PvA twice. So on high suction I use Betakontakt or watered down micro but just one pass. If this didn't work then I would have returned to PvA years ago.

i agree with you James. I use most of the bonding agents to save time with 1 pass rather than 2 also. Its the knowledge of knowing what to use in what situation i guess.

Well ave jus been working to day on a few walls a gritted yday , top half paintedbottom skimmed and no paint , didnt really notice any difference in setting or suction ..... Just give them a grit
Think I've been hacked as didn't dislike this post. Gonna let Danny know

Can't think for the world of me of anybody on here who doesn't like me very much?? :rolleyes)

seriously you all worry and **** about far to much 1 coat of pva 10/1 when skint 5/1 when steady and 3/1 in aboom ffs its only getting 1coat 1.5m of skim regardless!!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

seriously you all worry and **** about far to much 1 coat of pva 10/1 when skint 5/1 when steady and 3/1 in aboom ffs its only getting 1coat 1.5m of skim regardless!!!!:RpS_thumbsup:
If times are really tight and the clerk of works is snooping aroun...i find milk 3.1 has the desired visual effect:RpS_wink:

true story...i seen it happen with a gang i worked with years ago:RpS_lol:

should be ok doing this while re-skiming a reskimmed wall, but not if re-skimming a re-skimmed wall that has been re-skimmed and never if re-skimming a re-skimmed wall that has been re-skimmed after being re-skimmed

I like to use blue grit the day before and depending how big an area? Or to give you more working time? Then a quick coat of watered down PVA (3:1 ish??) Works fine mate :RpS_thumbup:[/QUOTE

blue grit/gypbond great products ive never used pva on the walls the next day once you have this on the wall it gives you plenty of time!!

Indeed I was merely pointing out if @ballsdeep needed more time or whatever then a quick lick of watered down PVA beforehand will help him out :RpS_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.