sraight lines advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello. does anyone have any tips to share on getting splayed wall / ceiling angle lines bang straight?
particularly on re-skims where some are pissed to start with?

on fresh board not such a problem. though ive seen pictures of some plasterers that stop bead all the splayed angles on vaulted loft ceilings, on new board. never done this myself, cant see point?
cheers

hello. does anyone have any tips to share on getting splayed wall / ceiling angle lines bang straight?
particularly on re-skims where some are pissed to start with?

on fresh board not such a problem. though ive seen pictures of some plasterers that stop bead all the splayed angles on vaulted loft ceilings, on new board. never done this myself, cant see point?
cheers
Bulldoze ceiling splays with bonding or adesive,on the wall 1s we do hard angle but we have used a stop bead the odd time but I hate stop beads..the wall 1s are a b*****d to be fair to get bang straight especially on re-skims..always bulldoze the ceiling splays looks 10x better

aye mate, ive curved ceiling ones off before with bonding, not heard it called bulldoze before tho ha.
but like ya say splayed wall lines on re-skims are a pain to get spot on. just wonded if there was any tricks knocking about

Bulldoze,bullnose which ever slips off the tongue..splayed angles on walls are a bitch..u domestic? Marshys way foward with chaulk line and steadily build it out straight but ain't got Time to do that on site like..just put It on tight n neat and gradually go but upto the splay wen flattening and trowling

for bull nose /curved either rule in freehand with use of a feather edge or press screed collars and rule in from the collars

On new boards I try doing wet angles and run a plastic flit along each side that gets it pretty straight. On reskims if they are already all over the place you've no chance getting them straight

Working On Albany road with John. On the corner behind your van

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I wasnt very observent then?! Finished it at 1 and went home but could have popped in to catch up as not met john yet.

I've used a doorstep before. Just mix up bonding and skim together and filled out. Take it off a few days later it looks nice.

I wasnt very observent then?! Finished it at 1 and went home but could have popped in to catch up as not met john yet.
We were finished for 12 ourselves. Didnt clock on till we'd past you to be honest mate.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The customer only ever wants straight lines when the plasterboard is in shocking state.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just Put a cove on both the ceiling splay and the wall splay and then watch the painters having to struggle for a change trying to cut in a straight line through the middle of the cove.

Iv seen a plasterer use the paper tape with thin metal in on over skims looked alrite once done never used my self

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.