square metre per bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky

Hi

On a bag of finish it says 9 square metres per bag is this for 2 coats or does it cover 18 square metres as a first coat?
What I'm trying to find out if I'm putting on 7 bags of multi in domestics works 2 coats with very little wastage what sort of square metreage am i covering?

And on average in a day what should one man on his own be putting on in bags 2 coat work domestic.
i know every job is different especially domestic all I'm looking for is an average.

cheers

9 is about right for flat boardwork but doesn't allow for around frames and beads. 30m2 is a guess on domesic per day to many ifs and buts

As church said but it really is on a job to job basis.

30m a day probably is about right unless your overskimming a large living room with a 45m ceiling then you can do more, say the ceiling and a couple of walls.

Speed doesnt mean s**t its the quality of the finish that matters.

A couple of days ago i put 5 bags of b/f on a 4x4 m room including ceiling and over skim walls with chimney breast in 1 day.
Taking doorways windows off about 40m2 was covered.

i can tend to do a double bedroom in a day on my own. lid and walls, thats not really going some but on average thats a day.

i work on around an average bag a wall for an average room and ill prep and complete an average room in an average day...

so, 5 bags a day, always have 6 bags with me just in case its a bit wobby in places, usually go home with 1 - 1.5 bags...
average room say 4x3, ceiling and 1 or 2 walls first hit, rest 2nd hit, done between 3 and 5 depending on how much tea they make me
all prep for all surfaces generally done in morning including all beads on, that way if i get the ceiling on ive got the option of knocking more up and having a choice of walls.... sometimes all im left with is a poxy 8 foot wall...

and i dont kill myself either...

Depends on room size really mate and shapes angles runs without interference,say for example it was a 5x6 room a lounge for example.
Thats 30m2 on the lid 2-3 half bags.and say you preped up and skimmed 3 more walls,thats 60 m2 or 7-8 bags dependent on what u dump.And that is still achievable on ur own in a day on the right day.
yesterdfay i did a small toilet forjust over 1 metre wide by 2m long and it took me all day as pipes everywhere not enough room to put the lot on in on go so was 2 sets had to be spotlessly clean hense 1 day.
2 sets of 3m2 or 30m2 depends on the job pal.

it does my f**k**g nut in when you get jobs like that skimmin. you work alllll day on 1 tiny F*****g area and people look at it and go...yeah its alright. not knowing the effort and patience it takes

sharky said:
Hi

On a bag of finish it says 9 square metres per bag is this for 2 coats or does it cover 18 square metres as a first coat?
What I'm trying to find out if I'm putting on 7 bags of multi in domestics works 2 coats with very little wastage what sort of square metreage am i covering?

And on average in a day what should one man on his own be putting on in bags 2 coat work domestic.
i know every job is different especially domestic all I'm looking for is an average.

cheers
i useualyget around 12m per bag on board mate i do 3 3 bag sets a daybut thats on site.unless im preping than i spend the mornig beading and taping enuf for about the rest of the week. then a set after lunch. then rest of weekin jst skimin.

steve cov said:
it does my (french word)ing nut in when you get jobs like that skimmin. you work alllll day on 1 tiny (french word)in area and people look at it and go...yeah its alright. not knowing the effort and patience it takes

Yeah like this one I did yesterday,
I had a utility ceiling & some walls in hallway to do,
job was cut out 2m2 water damage, board 2m2 & skim 6m2,
There was 2 pulleys fixed to ceiling that were on brackets in the loft(was a bungalow),
a strip light, new bolier flue 1/2" from ceiling plus pipes in corner,
2 runs of cornice on wall units 4" from ceiling with a plinth infill glued to 3x2 so cornice couldn't be removed as it was screwed from top & plinth was covering screws.
Then when I cut out the damage it had loose fill insulation that just poured out everywhere!
Love it ;D

square metre per bag

I had a shitty one last week, over board kitchen ceiling, tight on cornice over units, pain in the arse but pays the bills!!!

sharky said:
Hi

cheers

BG always used to say 10m2 per bag, when did they change that? On new work I always get 10m2 to a bag or near as damn it, apart from round stupidly thick door linings on studwork. :mad:

Yeah i thought it was 10m2 per bag but i tend to get a bit more out of it except on thermalites and durrox then its about 8m2 then it goes down when you do artex or over thistle bond-it, so it all depends on the thickness and suction.

id say big flat wall or lid anywhere up to 15m, reskim maybe low as 8ish. artex maybe even less.

i always work on 10m a bag. this covers for waste and usually have a bit left over at the end of the job

On the bag it says 10m at 2mm thick, so i usually work on that, then half bag 2nd coat per bag used on first. Although i personally tend to put about a 3rd of a bag 3nd coat, think i probably lay 2.5ish mm first coat, then about half mil 2nd coat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.