sqm per day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as frae Maryport marra............. and WE say YOU'RE a jameater :RpS_lol:

Were you knocking them metres out on WCH then?

Well as frae Maryport marra............. and WE say YOU'RE a jameater :RpS_lol:

Were you knocking them metres out on WCH then?
, i was on it but just skimming the stair cases, mainly tape and jointing on that job, no it was on Worcester hospital a good few yrs back now , we dont even recognise Maryport through here :RpS_biggrin:

Did someone say £1.50 per metre. Not worth getting out of bed for. Might as well go shelf stacking in tesco!!!!

, i was on it but just skimming the stair cases, mainly tape and jointing on that job, no it was on Worcester hospital a good few yrs back now , we dont even recognise Maryport through here :RpS_biggrin:
haa, cmon pal wasnt that bad, im sure uve worked for jimmy thorburn in your time thats a dislike :rolleyes)

Someone mixing fresh finish you can skim 200m a day ....a big day ... ....but it can be done.
Also a early start and late finish.
The hours it takes its as good as 1 half days.

Someone mixing fresh finish you can skim 200m a day ....a big day ... ....but it can be done.
Also a early start and late finish.
The hours it takes its as good as 1 half days.
thanks pal thats exactly how we worked 7 to 7 at night , two lads both on the same wave length , and the perfect areas to hit ,

Man hate to comment when I'm not a fully qualified plasterer but I do enjoy the internet warrior business. "someone is wrong on the internet, I must correct them! And insult them if I can!" And I'll throw in the occasional troll where appropriate.

So all the experienced spreads from up and down the country find it un-credible as opposed to incredible. I know from my own admittedly pitiful experience that I can whack on at a big push say...no reveals and no doors 40-50/2m a day without any breaks or rests. I can well imagine doubling that as I am particularly aware of what it takes and where I am slow.

But quadrupling it, I just can't see it. Maybe I could have if a bunch of spreads hadn't cast doubt on it, people who have been at it 10-20-30 years. Then of course there are others coming on talking about at a push laying on 3 bags x3 a day being a good day, which is as you might know being 99m2 a day and that being hard graft. But you can double anothers amazingly hard graft making yours super amazing hard graft...just not seeing it.

But maybe I don't know, I'll look to experienced people, and then again they don't agree either.

Man hate to comment when I'm not a fully qualified plasterer but I do enjoy the internet warrior business. "someone is wrong on the internet, I must correct them! And insult them if I can!" And I'll throw in the occasional troll where appropriate.

So all the experienced spreads from up and down the country find it un-credible as opposed to incredible. I know from my own admittedly pitiful experience that I can whack on at a big push say...no reveals and no doors 40-50/2m a day without any breaks or rests. I can well imagine doubling that as I am particularly aware of what it takes and where I am slow.

But quadrupling it, I just can't see it. Maybe I could have if a bunch of spreads hadn't cast doubt on it, people who have been at it 10-20-30 years. Then of course there are others coming on talking about at a push laying on 3 bags x3 a day being a good day, which is as you might know being 99m2 a day and that being hard graft. But you can double anothers amazingly hard graft making yours super amazing hard graft...just not seeing it.

But maybe I don't know, I'll look to experienced people, and then again they don't agree either.
your missing the point of two lads who are equally fast plus ,always prept night before on a job , what was there for taking , thats where your inexperience comes in that it can be done and has prob been by loads of others , the right job permitting , not every one is the same .like ive said ive worked along side lads what blew me away on certain jobs ,

, haa you must in a very tiny minority what havant from maryport , even i had the misfortune to work for him yrs ago

Never have, never will.............. When he asked me what I thought of his walls and I pointed out the cats faces, he asked me marra not to bring me back on his job again :RpS_lol:

Surly all these 100 m days albeit great pay days are a receipie to heart attack/dying early/ bein burnt out at 50

Never have, never will.............. When he asked me what I thought of his walls and I pointed out the cats faces, he asked me marra not to bring me back on his job again :RpS_lol:
haa just a labourer was jimmy what picked it up , badly haa, if he wasnt such an alcho ,he would had it all, you never worked for wilsons pal

Surly all these 100 m days albeit great pay days are a receipie to heart attack/dying early/ bein burnt out at 50
Got seven years left then , but yea your prob right , but ive been chasing it for 18 years solid now up down the country its hard to slow down , when its all uve known

haa just a labourer was jimmy what picked it up , badly haa, if he wasnt such an alcho ,he would had it all, you never worked for wilsons pal

Think it's the gambling that turned him to drink though :-0
My marra's a brickie subbying for Armstrongs and he reckons that Wilsons get laughed at by Armstrongs gaffers - shoit metre rates, but always a queue of young 'uns willing to burst their knackers off for it! :RpS_lol:

whats average

View attachment 3968
The term average is always misleading ,the photo there was done today by me on my own, its skimmed to 3metres high it was 17 metres long and 8meters wide, 2 biggish openings either end, so total is north of 125m2.
Easy 3 hits 11 bags and out the gate before 4.00,
However monday did some 4 meter high riser cupboards and struggled like fook to use 3 bags all day about 35m2.
Neither of these days are a regular occurrence though but gives an average of 80m2 a day.

Think it's the gambling that turned him to drink though :-0
My marra's a brickie subbying for Armstrongs and he reckons that Wilsons get laughed at by Armstrongs gaffers - shoit metre rates, but always a queue of young 'uns willing to burst their knackers off for it! :RpS_lol:
its true any armstrongs jobs are poor rates compared the story homes ones, i last worked at xmas for him knocking 2 houses aweek for him , me and my mate, then says il never work again for him cos i left for 2 days to try a job out in liverpool haa like im bothered

View attachment 3968
The term average is always misleading ,the photo there was done today by me on my own, its skimmed to 3metres high it was 17 metres long and 8meters wide, 2 biggish openings either end, so total is north of 125m2.
However monday did some 4 meter high riser cupboards and struggled like fook to use 3 bags all day about 35m2.
Neither of these days are a regular occurrence though but gives an average of 80m2 a day.
, thats what ive been trying to get through if the job is straight forward no bad heights no windows hardly , anything is possible on a long day if you want it badly enough

your missing the point of two lads who are equally fast plus ,always prept night before on a job , what was there for taking , thats where your inexperience comes in that it can be done and has prob been by loads of others , the right job permitting , not every one is the same .like ive said ive worked along side lads what blew me away on certain jobs ,

blew you away so 600m2 a day is possible? I mean if what you did is a record by some blokes here and you are saying there is faster?

C'mon man I mean I don't know how to bricklay but if someone says they can bricklay the wall of china in 14 days with proper prep work I'm going to call BS!

made my grand a week , so wasnt too bothered at the time ,

Its all good earning a grand a week but if you've got to bust a bollock and end up doing two weeks work in terms of time and effort whats the point? When you're at the pearly white gates of heaven you'll be thinking fook me all i did in life was chuck plaster on the walls!!!!

View attachment 3968

there's that lovely tub again, @scottie5 could post the link you posted a couple of weeks ago for the supplier :RpS_thumbsup: cheers bud

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
What about sand and cement, rubbing up smooth on big flat walls

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.