sqm per day

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on the job as no job is the same, some jobs you can prep in 1 hour, others could be 3 days prep, also 9 times out of 10 u don't just get a big wall to skim u could get 1 small area with loads of angles & fiddly bits which would take the same tile to skim a big wall or ceiling so personally I don't think you will get an answer for that mate

welcome along Joe, you will get all sorts of answers to this question. Spreads who regularly do lots of price work will generally work to the 2 big hits or 3 smaller hits a day rule. It depends on access, anlges, start time, ceilining/wall height, prepwork etc. A well organised spread should be comfortable with 3 hits a day ranging from 1-4 bags per hit depending on their own capabilities

welcome along Joe, you will get all sorts of answers to this question. Spreads who regularly do lots of price work will generally work to the 2 big hits or 3 smaller hits a day rule. It depends on access, anlges, start time, ceilining/wall height, prepwork etc. A well organised spread should be comfortable with 3 hits a day ranging from 1-4 bags per hit depending on their own capabilities

thats just another way of saying depends :RpS_laugh:

How longs a price of string. The great how much debate almost as bad as pricing. Oh and welcome to the mad house.

it all depends on the job, but as a rule on my own knocking up as well i expect to put at least 100 sq mtr a day ,not always possible espec on house bashing , most ive put on in a 2 man gang is 440 plus in a day , but perfect job ,no ceilings just long straight walls

Bollococks. A pallet of skim and some in a day.

No one does that even spraying.
nothing to prove or lie about , always pushed ourselves to the limit on price , while working away from home ,always 4 spreads so if 2 spreads can not lay on 100 plus in a spread , on straight walls , well they should stick to day work ;)

it all depends on the job, but as a rule on my own knocking up as well i expect to put at least 100 sq mtr a day ,not always possible espec on house bashing , most ive put on in a 2 man gang is 440 plus in a day , but perfect job ,no ceilings just long straight walls

2 man gang........ Hmmmmm

4 spread should smash 400/500m a day on a perfect job with ease.

Are you referring to a set as a spread? If so you maybe right.

I maintain that 2 men can't do 400m a day to any kind of standard

yea,i am, well only been pulled twice in 25 years pal , plus 18 years constantly on price , so ive proved it can be done as prob loads of other plasterers have ,but it does depend on the right job conditions

That's near on 40 bags of finish ...... not f@@king likely , 20 bags each nah not in my lifetime ,20 between 2 is just about plausible over a long day

That's near on 40 bags of finish ...... not f@@king likely , 20 bags each nah not in my lifetime ,20 between 2 is just about plausible over a long day
maybe for you, you saying you cant do a 50 sq mtr hit on your own on straight walls no windows , ,at 4 spreads in a day x 2 men it can be done

I can do it , I have a few years plastering experience my self , but 4 times a day is bollox at that pace ,that's 4 ten bag sets your talking bollox simple as , you may do it once you certainly wouldn't do it regular , I've heard it all before with 30 year site experience and I have seen some fast spreads but none have thrown stuff on at that rate

I can do it , I have a few years plastering experience my self , but 4 times a day is bollox at that pace ,that's 4 ten bag sets your talking bollox simple as , you may do it once you certainly wouldn't do it regular , I've heard it all before with 30 year site experience and I have seen some fast spreads but none have thrown stuff on at that rate
on that job we did , its not b*ll***s pal some of us can do it , and like ive said right job conditions depending , them jobs very rarely come up again , we never had breaks always worked through , unless you go for it you never know what your capable of , we do 2. 3 bed houses in 5 days is that more plausable for you

Did 3 bag lid today in 500k house today- spent more time sheeting up and covering fkoors than plastering... :(

on that job we did , its not b*ll***s pal some of us can do it , and like ive said right job conditions depending , them jobs very rarely come up again , we never had breaks always worked through , unless you go for it you never know what your capable of , we do 2. 3 bed houses in 5 days is that more plausable for you
Is this suppose to mean something?
im doing this as well , im glad you are doing this too but your not impressing me !

Is this suppose to mean something?
im doing this as well , im glad you are doing this too but your not impressing me !
no pal im not , but were all different big hits doesnt mean rough work as some one mentioned, ive worked along side lads who layed more on than i ever could , i wish i could still do them big hits , but then the price gets cut when you do , so yea i did do it but happy getting my 100 a day in now if i can

Why are people saying it's not possible for @richspread to do 50m2 per hit, and to have done 4 hits a day?

Perhaps if you people sorted your act out put a bit more on, you would have your own 500k house instead of having to just work in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are people saying it's not possible for @richspread to do 50m2 per hit, and to have done 4 hits a day?

Perhaps if you people sorted your act out put a bit more on, you would have your own 500k house instead of having to just work in them.
wish i had the house pal, that job the prices were 1 50 sq mtr thats why we pushed our selves

no pal im not , but were all different big hits doesnt mean rough work as some one mentioned, ive worked along side lads who layed more on than i ever could , i wish i could still do them big hits , but then the price gets cut when you do , so yea i did do it but happy getting my 100 a day in now if i can
I never said the word rough, and I know it can be done ,and your correct the more you do they lower the prices , but 400 mtrs2 a day is pushing it beyond belief , and that's my opinion until I see with my own eyes someone doubling my teams output ill take it with a pinch of salt:RpS_unsure:

I never said the word rough, and I know it can be done ,and your correct the more you do they lower the prices , but 400 mtrs2 a day is pushing it beyond belief , and that's my opinion until I see with my own eyes someone doubling my teams output ill take it with a pinch of salt:RpS_unsure:
, come to west cumbria pal , there isnt just me like it , and i did say the job has to be spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.