SPS Granicem L

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Don't know how many of you lads have used this gear but we sprayed it yesterday and It,s like whipped cream to use.

The wall was a bit awkward and we was spraying at 10mm thick so used a 4-3 r&s. Thought it might be too slow but it was perfect at the pace we was going and the thickness involved.

Started spraying at 5pm last night and finished a 7.15pm. Got there at 7.30am this morning and it was just right for scraping back. It has a finer aggregate than Webers and finished easy.

Got 1.5m2 per bag at 10mm thick (30kg bag).

Any enquiries ring the rep Steve on 07833241386.

Last edited:
Agreed

its nice stuff this. one of our faves. slow setter.

Hope it not too slow. Scraped back the 3 walls by 2pm, come 8pm we have a thunderstorm and flash flooding here. Shot back and the porch is part wet and a small bit on the back where rain has bounced off the battens.

Hope it doesn't go white? Felt hard.

Hope it not too slow. Scraped back the 3 walls by 2pm, come 8pm we have a thunderstorm and flash flooding here. Shot back and the porch is part wet and a small bit on the back where rain has bounced off the battens.

Hope it doesn't go white? Felt hard.

2 1/2 hours later and its still bouncing down. Don't think I will be getting much sleep tonight.

Just get it delivered lads.
its around 11 notes a bag but the coverage is above 1.2m easy. We ain't had any slumps with it. nick it will go through your pump like a dream. 2passes fine scrape finish too.

Some lads down the road were using this gear and was being mixed with a cement mixer and being hand applied.

we have a main distribution depot in stoke on trent delivering throughout uk scotland and ireland but also have smaller depots in basildon,cardiff.

We have been getting our gear from Stoke but delivered mainly - you can go in and collect. Just give Steve a ring 07833241386, he will sort you prices lads just tell him what you need on phone.

last one we did was mono over base using their C&G base for the scratch coat - perfect background to spray over. got a new barn from block coming up soon so this will be going on that, good thing is as its a slow setter you can do big sprays with no worry

How slow ???

I know if its cold (not that I do it then) but on sites where schedule is everything its been a 2 day scrape my lads did a site for another contractor hand appin it and it was a two dayer but usually next day but what I like is say with some mono next day stuff you need to get in a 6am and bash scrape it out quick coz it starts going hard as frig straight away but this gear is fine (unless in the direct hot sun and wind of course)

you can spray from 12/1pm onwards all afternoon and it will scrape next day right but without worry that too much is on the wall and you might lose the end, when its cold just spray all one day and scrape all next day bigger sets etc - you get the hang of it

The one I did about 3 weeks ago was sprayed between 5pm and 7.20pm. Got on the job next morning at 7.30am and was just right for scraping. Out of the 3 walls though by the time we got to the 3rd it was a but hard. Temp was about 18c day tome 9c night time. We hand applied a wall in the late afternoon during that week and next morning it was hard!

Really nice stuff though, creamy to spray and rule. I think with the long days if the weather was warm I would be tempted to spray early and finish late but we only work local.

The one I did about 3 weeks ago was sprayed between 5pm and 7.20pm. Got on the job next morning at 7.30am and was just right for scraping. Out of the 3 walls though by the time we got to the 3rd it was a but hard. Temp was about 18c day tome 9c night time. We hand applied a wall in the late afternoon during that week and next morning it was hard!

Really nice stuff though, creamy to spray and rule. I think with the long days if the weather was warm I would be tempted to spray early and finish late but we only work local.

J that sounds fast to me for this - what background and what thickness were you going on and how many passes

J that sounds fast to me for this - what background and what thickness were you going on and how many passes

Faster than I expected. It was on their C+G backing coat at 8mm and was sprayed in one pass 10mm thick scraped back to 7mm. R&S was a 4-3 which was just right for this thickness being awkward and slow going.

we dont usually follow their 8mm base 7mm top spec, on a bent wall we prefer more coloured product than grey. we adjust the base to 5-6mm and spray 2 passes of colour over that

Status
Not open for further replies.