Spraying Tyrolean

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzplasterer

Has anybody used the compressor and hopper Refina sell? Texaspray Hopper Gun.

Is it any good? can you get a fine texture with Cullamix?

Thanks

Im keen for somthing like that as got some tyrolean coming up and dont fancy gunning it by hand ?? Getting too old for that lark lol :D

Eeeek :eek: thats alot pal?? Dont think i do enough to warrant buying one?? I was saying to Keith about ritmos etc but again its a big outlay. For site lads they must be a godsend but for me who just does domestic and odd commercial?? Just dont know if it would be worth my while?? :confused:

I've got to do a couple of houses, I think the investment would be worth it, using a flicker gun is knackering and slow :(

I wondering whether you can still get a fine finish with the hopper?

Marshalltown do a hopper gun aswell and they use them for textured finishes on drywall in USA so, collomix may go through :RpS_confused: seen one on a uk site for less than a 100

I use the marshalltown hopper it does a great job and less expensive than the refina one.

I use the marshalltown hopper it does a great job and less expensive than the refina one.
What about a compressor tho? What do you have to be aware of ? I mean is there a specific size kind of thing? I read on shrewtwix about a compressor on offer but the customer comments were not good as they said you only got a few seconds spraying ??

I've got a 50ltr compressor. A cheap one it cost about £150 and it's not let me down yet.

Refina setup does seem expensive...

Problem is whether it's worth the time messing around trying to find the right combination of hopper and compressor!

I'm going to call them on Monday.

how much tyrolean work do you get? we get no more then one every couple of years.
we spray with the hand held tyrol gun, we did use a pump years ago for things like a grain silo, but we had no control over it, no spray ,then a bucket full.

Im keen for somthing like that as got some tyrolean coming up and dont fancy gunning it by hand ?? Getting too old for that lark lol :D

hi marshy what happened to the old fashioned way - handgun and a :RpS_lol:bit of sweat

Do you guys use a primer under tyrolean?last job I did was white and it needed a heavy coverage to cover the render.they painted it after as they wasn't happy with the colour

Do you guys use a primer under tyrolean?last job I did was white and it needed a heavy coverage to cover the render.they painted it after as they wasn't happy with the colour
Depending how dark the finished render is (different cement manufacturers some dark some not so) we mixed a wet slurry of watered down Tyrolean and rollored on beforehand. It dries in quick and helps eliminate any areas of your render showing through.

Depending how dark the finished render is (different cement manufacturers some dark some not so) we mixed a wet slurry of watered down Tyrolean and rollored on beforehand. It dries in quick and helps eliminate any areas of your render showing through.

Good shout that marshy

we put extra lime in the render coat to give as a lighter colour and more suction.
we try to talk the customer into painting the tyrolean as there is such a poor choice of colour available now. they stopped a lot of the colours when the absestos laws came out.
we mix sand and cement, the same ratio as the render, very wet and spray lightly the same day that we render, a very quick finish.

I use lime in my render for Tyrolean too malc but I do like your alternative suggestion takes any risk of "blooming" out of the equation also??

I use lime in my render for Tyrolean too malc but I do like your alternative suggestion takes any risk of "blooming" out of the equation also??

cullamix may sometimes bloom on the dark colours , but they are not available now.
we did have cullamix, a special order in black, when we tyroleaned the vice chancellors house at essex university.

cullamix may sometimes bloom on the dark colours , but they are not available now.
we did have cullamix, a special order in black, when we tyroleaned the vice chancellors house at essex university.
I have a customer who can't decide between ivory and cream ?? Been trying to find the small sample blocks at the merchants for them to look at but not had any luck ?? All they have is k rend samples which is completely different!?? Thing is I'm not keen to order 20 odd bags and them not like it and change their minds?? They don't want to paint either so its been a pain to be honest??

I have a customer who can't decide between ivory and cream ?? Been trying to find the small sample blocks at the merchants for them to look at but not had any luck ?? All they have is k rend samples which is completely different!?? Thing is I'm not keen to order 20 odd bags and them not like it and change their minds?? They don't want to paint either so its been a pain to be honest??

we have had the sample blocks for the tyrolean colours, we use to send for them from blue circle cement who made cullamix. not from builders merchants.

we have had the sample blocks for the tyrolean colours, we use to send for them from blue circle cement who made cullamix. not from builders merchants.
I'll email them. Cheers for that malc :RpS_thumbup:

i do not think i have ever seen ivory cullamix. do you mean off white? it would be quicker for you to paint it!

Has the supplier not got a web site ,with a chart ? if we have customer that really is unsure what colour i order a bag of both ,but i normally have most colours for mono in my garage :RpS_blushing:

i do not think i have ever seen ivory cullamix. do you mean off white? it would be quicker for you to paint it!
No mate ivory as I live and breathe its like a magnolia colour and the cream is more yellow. Can't help thinking it was from Weber but its been that long since I've had to use any??

Status
Not open for further replies.