Spraying Krend com rend s

Status
Not open for further replies.

22jasper

I have about 90m2 to do tomorrow on a boundary block wall using Comrend S spraygrade.

Could I get away with spraying a splatter coat 5-6mm to act as scratch coat in the morning and topping and straightening late in afternoon, scraping first thing in morning.

Was hoping to use 10mm beads, but will pack out if needed, just thinking that if a splatter coat applied in the morning and left to go in till afternoon, this might prevent ghosting- then spray final 7-9 mm last thing.

Any thoughts?

Jasper,

You have the same set up as us, our 25mm is the 10m though. We have put Comrend through ours. I had noted on some threads here that Comrend was a pig to spray,so with this in mind we just had it a little wetter than normal and had no problems.

I think personally I would use a 15mm bead, the fuller depth will greatly reduce the possibility of block ghosting. imo .

I do want to use the 40m of hose i have, but i only have 13.5m of 35mm and the rest is 25mm. I don't want to risk the hoses clogging though, thought it'd be safer with 18.5m

Any thoughts though on two coating as in the original post??

I do want to use the 40m of hose i have, but i only have 13.5m of 35mm and the rest is 25mm. I don't want to risk the hoses clogging though, thought it'd be safer with 18.5m

Any thoughts though on two coating as in the original post??

If your system is around 15mm or so as indicatcated it should be by Krend, then it will have to be 2 passes.

Just before Christmas we put on around 120 bags the last day, starting spraying around 9 that morning. It was perfect for scrapping the following day. Temp was about 8 to 9 and overcast,with a damp air.

Can you not get the machine any nearer to the walls. ??

Last edited:
If you're going to have to spray in two passes anyway cause the gears wetter you might as wel use 15mm beads

Mark, yes we can set up right by the wall, not a problem.

I've always done scratch render by hand, laying two coats at 6-7mm, It will be the first time spraying scraped with machine- its not that popular locally as it weathers incredibly badly here and looks shite 3 months after application.

Well thats good then, not so many hoses needed I guess???.. The Comrend is the cheap gear. E grade is rich in silicon so therefore repels the weather better and stays looking good longer.

Well, sprayed this shite today(tried to anyway).

I am doing something wrong?

I slurry prep all pipes, only needed 18.5m of pipe, 13.5 of 35mm and 5m of 25mm. Set water to 675l/h as confirmed by Krend

Sprayed the first 10m2, no problem,nice and wet and creamy, closed off the gun and moved to next panel, adjusted all pipes etc and sprayed the next 2-3 m2 before hoses blocked. Back pressure went up to 40Bar and climbing, reversed R+s, tried again, still no joy, repeated this a few times but nothing.

Water pressure was 3.5bar and filters all clean

Unclogged hoses,flushed r+s, slurried hoses, tried again, clogged again! Back pressure cimbed to nearly 50 bar before genny started to struggle.

Gave up this time and got the paddle mixer out and did it by hand.

I can only assume that the gear is w**k, too coarse and gritty, but why did it spray fine for the first 15m2 ?

Answers on a post card please?:RpS_cursing:

That water setting is quite high isn't it. We spray parex monorex at 300 or so. We're spraying their gf now which is finer and that's up at 400 on the same r&s. Is the comrrnd propper fine as in liable to compacting? Or maybe it's just so cheap that it's not far off sand with a bit of coloured powder. Personally I think k rend is well inferior and a 'dead' sort of render with no plumpness to it which is what your supposed to be paying for in a modern render

Jasper.

1. Did you check the gear was how you perceived it to be through a test pipe before hosing up.

2. We take no notice of the gauge/ manufacturing reconmendations, our water is set to how we see fit from the look of the gear.

3. Your settings seems a little to low mate for a M300. we spray e grade at 700 to 750 and the Com at nearly 800+.( take into consideration possible calibration differences)

4. Pm my number to you, call if you want to talk it through.

5. R+S life span ??

Mark

Last edited:
when you say 'close of the gun' are you refering to the air shut off switch/lever or do you also have a lever valve on your gun that shuts off the flow of material, comrend aint a great product and will seperate in the pipes causing it to jam up especially if you use the material shut off lever

Yes, the air valve, monkey.

The gear doesn't spray well.

After unclogging pipes, i hosed them through, before sending the sponge through, and the amount of large grade fillers that came out was scary. Could have built a block wall with them!!

i sprayed it a few weeks back through my ritmo and it was shite. had to be really wet and when trying to startup after stopping for a few mins had to turn the speed down and gradually bring it back up or it started to clog. i think its just crap

Status
Not open for further replies.