Spraying in eaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can mask these up in half hour mate I'd be impressed.
11m run with rafter feet 400mm apart on top of that you have to squeeze between lifts with the top lift only a ft below gutter.
You need the patience of a saint mate.
It's done now anyway, well I hope so, there is some suspect frost damage so maybe a redo ffs.
11m is a stretch. Maybe worth considering a coat of paint after scraping is all done?

I like masking and ive had yrs masking for paint spraying so u get a knack for it.

I go left to right with a thin tape first doing an L shape downand across one.
I come back the other direction with across and down the soffit and other side of the timber as previously. Then i fly the whole length with a film. The thinner tape gives better controll. Makes masking a system but it works for me. That said i get the tricky masking the lads prefer windows

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

11m is a stretch. Maybe worth considering a coat of paint after scraping is all done?

I like masking and ive had yrs masking for paint spraying so u get a knack for it.

I come back the other direction with across and down the soffit and other side of the timber as previously. Then i fly the whole length with a film. The thinner tape gives better controll. Makes masking a system but it works for me. That said i get the tricky masking the lads prefer windows

You say film, do you mean drop film? Which is OK til any overspray hits it then it sags with the weight and gets in the way.

Thats why i use the thin tape first to set the work edge and straightness the bigger tape brings you away further from thebspray zone then tje speedy stuck to the back edge of the big tape thst way hardly any overspray gets on the bag cos its further back. Are u using blue dolphin tapes

Thats why i use the thin tape first to set the work edge and straightness the bigger tape brings you away further from thebspray zone then tje speedy stuck to the back edge of the big tape thst way hardly any overspray gets on the bag cos its further back. Are u using blue dolphin tapes

Using the dolphin tape but the orange one, it had a better stick to it but not to much on the stained/decorated surface.

Any pics John be good to see when you mean as I don't quite get it from that..

Last open eaves we done we didn't mask them and f**k me it took age to clean them but my thinking was it would have taken an age masking them also?!

Any pics John be good to see when you mean as I don't quite get it from that..

Last open eaves we done we didn't mask them and f**k me it took age to clean them but my thinking was it would have taken an age masking them also?!
Thats why i said about paint if its going to take ages masking maybe better to give it a fresh coat once done?

Use the 30mm tape first then the wide then the masker so the film is far back from the spray and only the tape gets it.

Ile take a pic next time

Status
Not open for further replies.