Spraying Hardwall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
We're going to be spraying Hardwall the week after next for the first time, does anyone have any tips i.e. water settings, which inlet to use? Oh and how often would you give the machine a thorough clean out during the days work?

You have to clean it every half hour andy or it sets in the chamber, top water inlet and watch out it'll flash set

On a slightly more helpfully note I'm sure nick said tough coat went through it better than hardwall

If you have a shut out valve on your gun, make sure its open before you turn the air on. Stuart will have no sympathy, he called me a w**k*r.

main thing with hardwall is you cant get an accurate reading as the flow bottle on the powercoat only goes to 315 so you just need to keep opening the tap, maybe for the first time put the water pipe that connects to the mixing chamber into a bucket (just so you don't overfill mixing chamber with water) and turn the water up to 315 then turn the tap another 2-3 times then reconnect your pipe and go through the rest of your set up procedure when the material starts coming through you can then adjust the water either way til your happy with it but just try to remember how many times you turned the tap to set material just to make it easier for next time, you'll also probably find you will need a bigger spray cap as think you may only have the 10mm ones that came with machine and as you have barely used yours im guessing there not worn very much, if your around the basildon area at all come and see me ive probably got a nice worn 12mm cap that would be better.

if your intending to spray hardwall all day then you would want to consider stopping at some point and having a quick clean out, and also you need to check your bottom pressure plate after a couple of days as you will get a build up of material in there.

you want your water off the top inlet as well,

Last edited:
Sprayed loads of hardwall mostly hardwall tbh. Really do keep an eye out for it setting in pot. Been there dun that not nice stu spent hours cleaning it out grinder and everything. Spray for a coupl hours un the morning max. Gives u plenty time to rub up and clean ur machine properly we did the pressure plate everyday with hardwall. it really duz get a big build up. Oh and also it's prity much a continuous spray . I wdnt put the un down for more than 5 min IMHO . Gud luck pal

You didn't wash out for 2 hours lee would it help washing out every hour and can you clean the pressure plate at the same time?

Wasn't to bad continuously sprayin in large areas schools and that .i just did it to be on safe side didn't wanna have to take it back to stu and his grinder again. cud have30 bags blipped on for nine and first gauge on for 10 . I'd b cleaning machine whilst my mate n lab got on with the rubing n gettin ready for skimin . These pumps are brilliant dnt care what any of the critics say. You just have to know what your doin and be patient

Hardwall has got to be the worst stuff to spray ever. I feel a little bit bad for the ritmo any time we have to use it

Got 14 tonnes of CPI turning up tomorrow for internals coz i hate hardwall so much

:RpS_thumbsup:

Yeah andy if its possible consider cpi or toughcoat over hardwall. Hardwall isn't bad to spray I just think the others are better. As lee said, start early and spray for a couple of hours. Try and spray as continuous as poss. If you can I quite liked spraying all day in this temp with hardwall and skimming the next day, cleaning out a couple of times during the day. Depending on background sprayed hardwall can take forever to set and it also wears the rotor pretty quick. You'll get the idea of when to clean when the gear around the gun or on your trowel/ edge starts to go. Any gypsum based gear needs the plate cleaning regularly as said before. Iv made that mistake before and it's a pain once it's really built up. Probably worth just taking it easy on your first day until you see what's what.

Thanks keith, u busy at the mo?
No mate ,very slow ,got some inside new builds starting in 2 weeks ,and priced alot of outside work to ,it will sort it self out :RpS_unsure: good to see you guys are doing well ,hope this time next year you have two machines :RpS_thumbsup:

Thanks lads.
I can't change from Hardwall so I'll have to make the best of it. I had it in mind to do as Nic had suggested and spray all day and then skim the next, cleaning out a couple or three times a day doesn't sound to bad.

Hoping to get a g4 at some point this year I've hoping that I've got load external work in the pipe line so could do with one really. Ritmo for thin coats and internals, g4 for externals.

What's comes with the g4 nick, I would need a full setup

Thanks lads.
I can't change from Hardwall so I'll have to make the best of it. I had it in mind to do as Nic had suggested and spray all day and then skim the next, cleaning out a couple or three times a day doesn't sound to bad.

How u gonna stop the suction?

How u gonna stop the suction?

Sorry Steve I've just realised that you probably meant about the suction if skimming the following day. To be honest the suction would have to be pretty damn fierce before I'd do anything about it, I like skimming with plenty of suction. It's low suction I hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.