spray plastering

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claw75

evening... not sure if this has been posted before. does anyone use this method?usual questions.. quicker, better, can you cover more area etc., is spray plastering going to replace traditional methods, hand applied.? :-?

was that that forester who built his house entirely out wood and straw bales? big A frame roof? uses sawdust to flush his bog?? ;D

yup, lives round our way, still spends most of summer in a bender in the forest despite having a little un now, feckin nutter!!!

I havent done it my self but a firm i was working for last year bought one and was using it on roughing and external render from what i gather its realy messy cause none of there blokes wanted to use it :) Also a mate of mine said he had one and he said he never uses it. Unless you got long runs of rough and set or rendering they remain redundant, so theres no worrys there that it wont be replacing plastering as we know it, plus they have been around a few years now and if they were gonna replace us we would have been long gone, there was panic years ago when tape and jointing was being used more there was talk plastering wasnt gonna be used anymore but here we are still at it ;)

yup, lives round our way, still spends most of summer in a bender in the forest despite having a little un now, feckin nutter!!!
nice place though, just hope he dont get woodworm!!! ;D
still, i can think of a lot worse things in life than sittin by a big charcoal burner in the middle of nowhere with a few beers...

just don't like the thought that that it takes a few years to learn traditionally and this method takes an element of skill away. hope it stays abroad... ;D

Is that the one where he basically built every thing out of timber? and done the plastering his self from some mud he dug out? He cant even sell it if he wanted to it has to be knocked down crazy. Quality place though its more of a peice of art than a house.

just don't like the thought that that it takes a few years to learn traditionally and this method takes an element of skill away. hope it stays abroad... ;D
Machine Plastering dos`nt take away the skill of plastering you still have to rule flat and finish by hand. Any way it does the worst bit for you mixing and applying, true you can learn to spray quicker than hand applying, but ill use a machine any day.  Why have a labourer on a mixer passing stuff up a scaffold when a machine mixes it pumps it to where your workin and puts it on  :eek:.
To be honest its better to be a Plasterer first, then use a machine. Dont listen to blokes who are negative about machine plastering because its usually guys who have never done any or only done it once or twice. Once you know hw to set up a machine clean it and look afterit youll never put on by hand again if you can help it. :)

same thought as pft monojetman , got a g4 light its never been stood for the last 4 years, its still a skill to rule and trowel, it seems to be coming in more and more , i have to admit ,dont think knauf projection plaster is up to british standard , unless your an experianced user, prefer british gypsums machine plasters. great piece of machinery ,takes all the hard work out of it, well worth its money, just wish they could tweek a machine for multi finish, although ive heard m-tec have released one, cant see it being beneficial , due to setting times of the plaster , clogging the hoses up, any 1 no more please let me no

ok, so the way this thread is goin, are you lads sayin that its possible to use a projection machine on a realistic basis whether its site (loads o metreage no cleanin up really) or in someones house when your doin 1 room? i.e. good on large scale newbuild but when you need a 'plasterer' youre gonna bring this big f'ck off machine with you...

Depends what machine you have the pft ritmo is only small and you can spray multi,hardwall,tough coat and mono rend , runs off 110 or 240 with a genny. true the three phase machines are pretty big with a 20hp genny ect. but they are worth their weight in gold imo. Ive been plastering for donkeys and it was the best investment i ever made.

give us your background recent pft? obviously a spread, obviously commercial....hows it work mate?

Not bad at mo mate doin alot of commercial, new residential is dead. Been doin loads of T&J on industrial units. Tickin over not too busy, Just nice to tell you the truth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.