Spray finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyb

Noticed in a few post that a couple of you lads are applying spray by hand, so Wots the crack with this? Easy, better finish, get more on? Come on lads spill the beans! :RpS_cool:

Gives you a bit longer than board/multi.
So can get a bit more on.
Better spraying it though as it's constantly fresh gear being sprayed so it doesn't all go off at the the same time.

How much does it cost for all the gear you need nisus

Well i used a hawk & trowel to apply it mate so didn't cost much really :RpS_biggrin:
I've had a go at spraying it but not got a machine.......yet! :RpS_wink:

We'll see mate.
Only had a quick go at spraying it down at BG but it's a piece of p***,
was nice stuff to use.

Plasterboard & anything with thistle bond it on.
Was told it can't be used on backing coats or on Reskims with pva.
But i did a reskim with it over wba.

Say you sprayed over hardwall over celcons is it more because you wouldn't have time to flatten it off or the product suitability like board/multi?

Yeah probably mate don't think it likes suctioni.
BG said its summat to do with the particle sizes of the spray finish lol :RpS_biggrin:

BG don't know nothing. It's fine on reskims using pva.

Have not sprayed on to hardwall etc yet buthave hand applied works the same as multi if not better due to it higher water content. When we do get round to spraying on a backing coat the plan is to flatten straight away, and 2 coat. Joe at BG was waiting for us to report our findings back.

Pallet only I think. I know we have to get it like that as the merchant won't stock it. We pay under a fiver a bag. And it does 11m2 it says on the bag but I reckon more.

I've really got to either book the spray day or beg to labour for someone with a machine. Absolutely desperate to see both the machine and the plaster.
P.s i'll bring my trowel and be Ur bitch:rolleyes)

I thought it needed a bit more water when trowelling then multi cos it dragged a bit. And even tho it seemed ok when I left it on day one when I came to finish the job on day 2 I gave it a back of the trowel job cos on domestics they like a gloss finish :RpS_sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.