Spray finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Well I've booked my son and me in for a day spraying finish down at BGs Erith works on Thursday.
I'm going to give the spray finish a go but using more traditional tools and methods to get the finish I want hopefully. I'll report back after we return in case anyones interested.

Will look forward to your comments mate and also what your lad thinks because he will see it through a younger pair of eyes to you.

To be honest I'm more up for the idea of having a machine than he is. He said he'd be more than happy to learn it the old way before moving on and trying the machine route especially when I told him roughly how much they cost and how many extra metres we'd need to do to cover it.

Which machine have you been looking at andy?

On the advise of Stu it's looking like the Ritmo Powercoat because I want a 110v machine. The thought of buying a 230v Ritmo only to be told I can't use it due to site H&S worries me. It's either that or your old machine.

by the sound of you andy im absolutely gobsmacked youre looking at a finish sprayer only.... i would have thought youd be looking at getting the vast amount of material through a machine i.e base coat... isnt that the whole point? not that i know about machines but... isnt a ritmo a little baby machine? dont you want some hoiking great thing that gonna fire on yer s+c and still spray your finish? i prolly talkin bollox again like...

On the advise of Stu it's looking like the Ritmo Powercoat because I want a 110v machine. The thought of buying a 230v Ritmo only to be told I can't use it due to site H&S worries me. It's either that or your old machine.

personally mate, iv not tried the 110, but can only assume the 240 have more balls. i have the 240 and use it on site a lot. i just changed the 240 blue switch to a 3 phase red running on 1 live and hey presto, in the site agents eyes its twice the power but far more safe.

and as for the skim. initally i loved it. but since iv tried it in non perfect conditions im a little less convinced. you dont get many rooms these days that are square, no filling out and all plasterboard. but it is a doddle if the conditions are right

Are 240 banned from site? How come you get 3 phase machines that are over 400v then thatd be a bit gutting if you just spent 6 grand and the site agent told you it's a no no ......didn't les get mono through a 110v machine haven't they upgraded the motor or something?

by the sound of you andy im absolutely gobsmacked youre looking at a finish sprayer only.... i would have thought youd be looking at getting the vast amount of material through a machine i.e base coat... isnt that the whole point? not that i know about machines but... isnt a ritmo a little baby machine? dont you want some hoiking great thing that gonna fire on yer s+c and still spray your finish? i prolly talkin bollox again like...

I'm not thinking of only spraying the skim Chris, the Ritmo will spray S&C internally as well as mono outside. I'm just trying to work out how beneficial a machine would be for us, the day at BG is free so why not take the opportunity to give it a try.

Are 240 banned from site? How come you get 3 phase machines that are over 400v then thatd be a bit gutting if you just spent 6 grand and the site agent told you it's a no no ......didn't les get mono through a 110v machine haven't they upgraded the motor or something?

240 is fine if you have a breaker. but they normally tell u its not. but if u get them to look it up its ok. everyone is just 240 is a nono

and yeah apparently the new 110 will do what the 240 does. but i wouldnt buy one above the 240 coz u very rarely get a tranny without someone else on site being in the power link somewhere. so then ud use a genny. at which point u might as well have a 240

It is legal to use 240v on site with a rcd breaker. However if you are told that it is the actual companies policy that 240 cannot be used then forgetaboutit.
The 110v will pump everything a 240 will, if a material is particularly difficult to mix for e.g. k rend e grade silicone the 240v will stand a better chance of mixing it. Because it is 110v it will draw more amps than the 110v version when laboring hard.
The ritmo is 1 machine not much bigger than a bell mixer on a stand. It is capable of mixing and spraying any material that can go through a plastering machine, most applications can be done with the standard m version. To apply skim finishes you require the addition of the powercoat set up and to spray colored bucket coats requires a larger compressor and special spray gun

We are of to BG on Friday to get some idea on this new finish, we will be using the 40" s*p*r*lex spatular and then plastic trowels.

will let you know what we think, but the test bags my old man has been using have had good reports so far which is good

Status
Not open for further replies.