Spot lights

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoddo

Now I am new here I have somewhere to share this with people who will understand !
Skimming a ceiling when the electricians have already cut out for the spot lights and skim falls out of one into your hair ! :RpS_cursing:
God it pisses me off

hope everyone else is having a good day :RpS_laugh:

Now I am new here I have somewhere to share this with people who will understand !
Skimming a ceiling when the electricians have already cut out for the spot lights and skim falls out of one into your hair ! :RpS_cursing:
God it pisses me off

hope everyone else is having a good day :RpS_laugh:
Scrim over them before you skim it,
and balls to the sparks :)

The sparks do it deliberately so you don't accidentally (on purpose) lose their cables!

A sparky should no where the wires r with a diagram etc with measurements , most times they have done it first is either because they are scared after it has been skimmed , you can sort the board work out if they make a bolliks . Decent sparkys dont need to have the holes already in ...... Jus chalk line it after its skimmed and bobs ya uncle

A sparky should no where the wires r with a diagram etc with measurements , most times they have done it first is either because they are scared after it has been skimmed , you can sort the board work out if they make a bolliks . Decent sparkys dont need to have the holes already in ...... Jus chalk line it after its skimmed and bobs ya uncle

In an ideal world. Having spotlights etc has made thing easyer for them not to lose cables.
I did a job a few yrs ago where the builder told us we can tack and skim away to our hearts content because "the sparks know where the cables are". Got called back to do a load of patching because of lost cables. Sparky had gone at things with a hammer to try and find them!

In an ideal world. Having spotlights etc has made thing easyer for them not to lose cables.
I did a job a few yrs ago where the builder told us we can tack and skim away to our hearts content because "the sparks know where the cables are". Got called back to do a load of patching because of lost cables. Sparky had gone at things with a hammer to try and find them!
That's what I don't get with sparkys , they all attack things with a hammer , I re skimmed a house a month or so ago and it had been re wired , and down stairs they had hammered big chases out the old original cornice ! There was no need ! Rough fookers!

I had a case once, skimmed nice big lounge ceiling, decorated it all lovely. Electrician came to do his 2nd fix.. Found a fault, instead of going up stairs and lifting boards.. The **** smashes his hammer into my ceiling, luckily I wasn't on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.