Spot and dab

Karl1972

I have an end terrace house that I did up about 12 years ago knocking back the downstairs walls to bare brick then re-plasterboareded and skimmed, the paint on these walls bubbles up with small bubbles covering the hole wall then larger areas in places, the upstairs walls are all painted and on the external walls the paint has visible wet patches in areas and feels wet in the winter periods, also black Mould growth under the windows. Can anyone advise what is the best solution here? Do I need to knock all the plaster off and if so what plasterboard is best to use? How can I prevent it happening again? Any other advice would be appreciated

Older properties don't have cavity walls. PB will soak up any moisture like a sponge.

Over the years, air vents get blocked up, double glazing gets fitted, fire places get boarded over and the property can no longer breathe.

Then some c**t comes along and dabs PB on. Sorry, couldnt resist x
I will wake up ashamed tomorrow :D

What’s the solution ? As I want and need it solving it’s generally on the end of the gable end of the house house been adviced to have done kind of filter fitted in the loft that’s sucks all the moisture out the house but that’s not solving the problem

Didn’t take the cheaper way used a builder that’s been going for years and thought he’d adviced me the rite way to go but looks like he didn’t so yes got to pay again . When you say sand and cement how think would it have to be and would I then have to have it plastered? Thanks

First reply is your answer. Insulated board is the better option. Both need to be skimmed afterwards. We have put a coat of sand cement on before and dabbed insulated board onto that but I don't think it's necessary to do both.

I have an end terrace house that I did up about 12 years ago knocking back the downstairs walls to bare brick then re-plasterboareded and skimmed, the paint on these walls bubbles up with small bubbles covering the hole wall then larger areas in places, the upstairs walls are all painted and on the external walls the paint has visible wet patches in areas and feels wet in the winter periods, also black Mould growth under the windows. Can anyone advise what is the best solution here? Do I need to knock all the plaster off and if so what plasterboard is best to use? How can I prevent it happening again? Any other advice would be appreciated
Move