sponge floats on multifinnish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you boys still give it 2 waters after flattening in after the sponge or just one and a dry trowel??

Well if thats to much may as well not bother to skim the boards just tape the joints and paint .:rolleyes)

On a well boarded wall about 2mm I suppose. I get around 10 metres out of a bag.

IMO theres nowt worse than having to fill out those shyte, heavy beads (wickes used to sell bad ones) or filling out 5mm around casings because the joiner cant spec his materials right.

just the thin coat ones mate i thought they were 3mm lips on them, i dnt have a set thickness i just do what ever makes me happy

can you put a vid up of you doing this

I may well do in the future....if only for mockery from the dinosaurs.
I will also explain:
I severely fell out with the trade a couple of years ago, to the point of packing up altogether. When things dried up for my other business I would have signed on if it weren't for the new enthusiasm I have...simply by using a different toolset.

I also know several colleagues who are suffering greatly with their joints, thanks to having to apply pressure day in day out with their marshy permashapes. Spats and plazzies mean MUCH less pressure = a longer working life for me!

Yep its different. No its not old skool, but it works for me.

I will also explain:
I severely fell out with the trade a couple of years ago, to the point of packing up altogether. When things dried up for my other business I would have signed on if it weren't for the new enthusiasm I have...simply by using a different toolset.

I also know several colleagues who are suffering greatly with their joints, thanks to having to apply pressure day in day out with their marshy permashapes. Spats and plazzies mean MUCH less pressure = a longer working life for me!

But not your glass back?:RpS_biggrin:

I will also explain:

Hi guys, I'm new ish to the forum tbh but been browsing it for a while always trying to learn new tips and advice from other plasterers. Haven't actually been spreading that long but worked with and learnt from a really good neat plasterer and being a bricklayer by trade think I took to plastering quite well, and now much prefer it over any other trade!!

But as I'm fairly new to it and seen a lot of plasterers that can barely move now due to the nature of the job I'm all for trying the new products, after all why would they be inventing stuff if it wasn't to make things easier/quicker or not so harsh on the body! Bought a set of speedskims with the pole attachment and really taken to them! And also loving the plazzi aswell and all seems so much less stressful on the joints!!

Have tried both sponge and brush over and over but always find I get better finish after sponging and plazzi, much more consistent look when it's dried, although I always two coat anyway even if it seems excessive I'd rather quality while I'm trying to get a good name for myself!

Anyway, hope to meet some fellow spreads and have a laugh!

Been knocking sponging multi of late without giving it a go, which ain't right I suppose. Was doing a job for the brother in law today so had the perfect opportunity. Didn't really matter if it messed up as I don't like him and it was mates rates. Have to say, it worked out alright. Well, I did two hits and the first looked a bit crap, like I'd trowelled it up with my cock. Think I went on it too soon after sponging and was just trowelling up the snot. But the second went in real nice and looked spot on, I have to admit. Thing is, I don't see the point. The time it took to scour each hit with the sponge I could have second coated...? Maybe it would be quicker with practice. I'm back there in a fortnight so I'll give it another go......

bloody hell i know im new to this site and im an old fart but, when did spreads start using sponges on any skimming apart from leaving a pattern, whats wrong with just flattening with steel trowel or are we different in the north west of england?
Only rough arses would use a sponge to finish multi/board..

Ive never used the sponge either... was taught by an old spread who frowns at anything modern. Im open to it if it makes the job easier which is why i have purchased both the speedskim and the plazzi. The speed skim is fantastic but i feel its best used to flatten after your rough on. Using it after laying in can sometimes scar it. The plazzi im still awaiting delivery but out of interest at which stages would you sponge up? and use the plazzi at? Advise appreciated :)

A big learning curve I've had in the trade is when someone is opposed or doesn't like something it's usually something they can't do Cassie

A big learning curve I've had in the trade is when someone is opposed or doesn't like something it's usually something they can't do Cassie[/Q

what.. sponge multi up ?? why would I want to do that mate, Im a plasterer... not a rough ****...lol

Tell me how to do it then

LOL... why would I have or want to have any idea about sponging multi up ?? as I am not r******d mate.. i would guess it works the same way as universal one coat.. but have no interest.. as like I said. Im a plasterer.. not a house basher... people go on about using no water these days,, how much water is put on sponging ??

What does it matter ? I could tell you but you would be making up a reply because you haven't got a clue what you're talking about

why are you such a c**t mate ?? you must have some serious issues... anyways, I dont give a fuk about knowing how to sponge multi up, why would I ?? as i said, im a plasterer with 33 years experience, full apprentiship and advanced city and guilds.. hence why i have no knowledge of sponging multi..lol... maybe on your jobs its fine... but u certainly need to drag yourself from up your own arse bud.... having 14,000 posts is great, as long as they make sense hey...

Status
Not open for further replies.