sponge floats and spats

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
started 2 new lads today ..... I walked into the room they were skimming and they were sponge floating and using the refina finishing spats.

when they left today I checked their room out and it was perfect in every detail, no brush marks, all the edges were sharp.

an excellent job !!!

richardbrown said:
started 2 new lads today ..... I walked into the room they were skimming and they were sponge floating and using the refina finishing spats.

when they left today I checked their room out and it was perfect in every detail, no brush marks, all the edges were sharp.

an excellent job !!!
whats the method.. never seen it done.. assuming its on thick coat finish sponge and finish with spats.? any quicker to do it this way?

well it didnt seem any quicker but the finish was top notch.

Lay on first coat and flatten with spat.
lay on second coat and flatten with spat

leave till its nice and firm
sponge float
spat
hard cross spat lol

It was a perfect job

rich

richardbrown said:

an excellent job !!!
funny how no brush marks when thay were using a spong lol

flat boy skim said:
richardbrown said:

an excellent job !!!
funny how no brush marks when thay were using a spong lol

when compared to traditional methods smart ass

phippsy333 said:
but if they finished in roughly same time...whats the advantage rich?

They say they can lay on much larger sets when using this method and using the spat on the pole is ideal on big ceilings.

It looked much more relaxed they were just plodding about drinking tea

fair enough......but i think ill keep to trowel way....although you have made me think about that superflexy spat ...i think i want one

ivee seen plenty using spats...just cant get me head round it tho.......might need one on a job in a couple of weeks 50m on artex...gonna be fun...not

anyway...kebab king u need to burn more calories not take it any easier.......you should be laying on ceilings with a friggin midget trowel not a spat u great big galaar

The eu's use this quite a bit, it does actually work after laying in to close in and slow down
setting times. Howevever the EU's dont trowel AFTERWARDS lol

which spats were they using rich, i seen some refina for like 20quid then i have heard people talking about 120/150 quid.

i have a couple of large lids to do soon and quite fancy having a little practice with this method.

Any pics or youtube on it.

rich take a quick film on your phone tomorrow mate, i've been tempted to get one of those spats for a while. would be interesting to see someone using them who knows what they are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.