Split sections using K-Rend FT

Fozzie_1

Hi, new to the forum and looking for some advice. I'm doing some renovation and have had a new 2 storey gable wall rendered by a subcontractor. The base coat has been applied to the full section but the top coat has had to be applied in 2 sections as there wasn't enough top coat supplied. An edge bead has been applied ready for the other half to be completed but its run horizontally between the cills of the upstairs window.

The advice I need is:

1) am i like to get a colour match problem given in this weather it's going off very quick
2) is there anyway to blend a new section into a dried section
3) given it's a horizontal bead rather than a vertical expansion joint - am I going to get water ingress problems.

Aside from that, if it is possible to fix I could get used to it even though the white line will stand out to me like a sore thumb - but is this even an acceptable rendering practice?

If it's not fixable and will cause problems, what's the solution - take back to brick?

Hi, new to the forum and looking for some advice. I'm doing some renovation and have had a new 2 storey gable wall rendered by a subcontractor. The base coat has been applied to the full section but the top coat has had to be applied in 2 sections as there wasn't enough top coat supplied. An edge bead has been applied ready for the other half to be completed but its run horizontally between the cills of the upstairs window.

The advice I need is:

1) am i like to get a colour match problem given in this weather it's going off very quick
2) is there anyway to blend a new section into a dried section
3) given it's a horizontal bead rather than a vertical expansion joint - am I going to get water ingress problems.

Aside from that, if it is possible to fix I could get used to it even though the white line will stand out to me like a sore thumb - but is this even an acceptable rendering practice?

If it's not fixable and will cause problems, what's the solution - take back to brick?
1 I would say yes to shade difference if side by side
2 no way of blending need to work to bead
3 shouldn’t have water ingress with breathable system
4 best fix is to paint

Thanks @Lox. So painting may be an option then, although I'm a bit peeved as I really wanted the K rend finish with the slight glistening.

Thanks @Lox. So painting may be an option then, although I'm a bit peeved as I really wanted the K rend finish with the slight glistening.
1 I would say yes to shade difference if side by side
2 no way of blending need to work to bead
3 shouldn’t have water ingress with breathable system
4 best fix is to paint

Would KRend Colour Enhance work if I got this in the same colour do you think?

The glistening is nice but over time will go anyway in my opinion ! You might be ok and the two half’s match in ok so finish off and see what happens