Speedskim

Members online

superspread

I know , I know !!! Zzzzzz
Do I need the plastic blade or the ss blade? I had the original grey blade one but broke the blade today on a bit of s&c, so can I buy one of the above blades to fit in my original one, I don’t use it often , a bit of s&c , bonding, sometimes a bit of finish . Cheers chaps

Do I need the plastic blade or the ss blade? I had the original grey blade one but broke the blade today on a bit of s&c, so can I buy one of the above blades to fit in my original one, I don’t use it often , a bit of s&c , bonding, sometimes a bit of finish . Cheers chaps
Blue blade will fit

I've got the original and the blades are the same

Blue = plastic = ST

The steel one is SF (Semi-Flexible)

The thin black plastic blade is just for final finishing of plaster - not really a contender, in the general scheme of things.

In other words, ST is the one you probably want.

U use a floppy cavity closer on s&c lol

Actually come to think of it the refina one I bought came with the blue blade so that could be why they new ox branded stuff fits

Well my speedskim is the refina original version and I replaced the blade just before lockdown with the ox ST and it fits properly.

I don't use it often only on big ceilings so doesn't get loads of use

Honestly, you've got longer experience of Speedskim than me. I didn't know Refina were ever involved with the product.

I wouldn't have even asked if you're confident about it, if it wasn't for the fact that I remembered reading that old TPF post, ages ago. (y) Just trying to watch superspread's corner, so he doesn't get disappointed if needed for a forthcoming job.

Interested to see if @Speedskim can clarify.

Honestly, you've got longer experience of Speedskim than me. I didn't know Refina were ever involved with the product.

I wouldn't have even asked if you're confident about it, if it wasn't for the fact that I remembered reading that old TPF post, ages ago. Interested to see if @Speedskim can clarify.
Haha well I'm confident the one I have is definately not OX

The original company was branded speedskim but if I remember rightly it was refina who made it

But could be wrong
Its been a long old lockdown

I wouldn't have even asked if you're confident about it, if it wasn't for the fact that I remembered reading that old TPF post, ages ago. (y) Just trying to watch superspread's corner, so he doesn't get disappointed if needed for a forthcoming job.

Interested to see if @Speedskim can clarify.
I nearly ordered the blade , good job I just reread , might just by the whole thing ,

I nearly ordered the blade , good job I just reread , might just by the whole thing ,

Yeah, probably the safest bet (not to say reeves is wrong, though, and I'm still curious to know).

Just buy the whole thing and then you've got peace of mind. The price difference between complete unit or spare blade isn't too painful, really.

Just ordered two blades from TW they sent me a blade and an actual full setup bonus
IMG_20200518_153055.jpg