Speedskim

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be reviews coming very soon :)

I have been talking to the owners of Speedskim and they will be working with the Plasterers Forum :)

Danny

Any other tools coming out that's suppose to make the job easy? Like a robot that does it for you?... I like them boardmates on brickie tool website.

i think you would be correct in assuming that it would only be good if the licking of windows happens to be a favourite passtime

said it on here before but we used to make something similar out of plastic exit signs cut into strips and latts used them for polishing at end of set but were always getting chipped and damaged they worked though

im guesing that if you diddnt get on with plastering with it it would be alright for the final polish up just useing a giant plastic trowel really.
how much are they again?

Hello jr we made them for flatterning back but people have been using them for polishing as well but I haven't tried that yet. And they are £29.99

On the you tube video it says it increases your meterage.....how??? he was still using his trowel to put it on, it just takes less time to flatten it in.... not sure how that increase meterage... maybe its just me being a thick geordie or that cavity closer is just too technical...:RpS_confused:

dnt get me wrong i like the idea of them but not really sure if they will help me that much, if the review comes back and thier good then ill proberly get one and see what it can do but would like to know how it speeds you up so much

Hello artisan it increases your meterage because if you do a hit and it takes you 10 minutes to flattern back with a trowel it takes about a minute with the speedskim so it gives more time to put more on and because the blade is plastic your not bringing all the water to the surface so it speeds the process up letting you get more hits on. I've got some new videos going up showing larger areas and how much faster it is

So let me get this right.

You can put more on because the flatten is quicker. But because you are flattening with a plastic edge, it speeds up the setting time.

So I now have a massive set on which I have to trowel up fast as ****?

Jrplastering they won't be everyones cup of tea we know that but I'm still out on site and it works for me.

and also try answering people questions when they question it rather than just answering the ones you fancy

I make all my own plastic spatulas that i use for polishing only. ive tried flattening and troweling with em but by the time youve sorted your angles out theyre no quicker. there is no easier or quicker finish than your steel trowel. stick to what you know guys work, get into a good routine and make sure you get 3 gauges on and youll do ok and when thus reccesion is over and the prices go up youll be laughin after all it made harry enfield LOADSAMONEY

So let me get this right.

You can put more on because the flatten is quicker. But because you are flattening with a plastic edge, it speeds up the setting time.

So I now have a massive set on which I have to trowel up fast as ****?

Ha Ha he's has answered my question and i was thinking the same thing as you danny and now im even more confused.........Dury still out i suppose

Anyone tried one of these speedskim's just came across a video on YouTube and had a look on there website.

Hi,

I recently used the 1200 on two ceilings and a wall, to be honest it takes less effort when stretching out first and second coats but dont save that much time if you are quick on trowle anyway.

Beneficial in prevent the old tennis elbow.

Steve:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.