Speedskim sf

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethharrison80

Anybody been using the speedskim sf? Bought the 300 sf but just cant seem to get on with it, gt the 1200 st + cant fault it maybe i should jus stick with that?

Its about your timings, use very very little water, only work in straight lines and keep changing how you use it till you find the way that works for you. Having said that the blue st is so good I barely use my sf now

First week with the blue blade much better than the old grey one leaves a much better finish. Havnt tried the sf.

Is there any videos of the eze spat? I think the speed skim is a great idea but could be so much better. I heard there isn't much difference between the two speedskim blades.

The blue blade is quality, i go over it twice wth that then a trowel + job done! Tried the sf again today, drivin me mad, dont know why i bought it really, reminds me of wen bought the nela s*p*r*lex, took sum gettin used to so think i jus need persevere with it! The two blades are completely different.

Its about your timings, use very very little water, only work in straight lines and keep changing how you use it till you find the way that works for you. Having said that the blue st is so good I barely use my sf now

When is the best time use the sf? I've been tryin to use it after two passes with the st, tried it wth little water + shallow angle but jus cant get to grips with it, end up havin to flatten it off with trowel.

Tried 18" from other mate and it's super! Flatten out. Just joking about 28" but could give it a go as like trying new kits!

Id try one if knew someone who had one, wouldn't splash out in one tho in case didnt like it, should of bought one if those instead of the sf! il try anything i thinks gona make the job easier!

I used to use the sf straight after flattening out with the grey blade st then use it more or less at the same time as I would a steel trowel. Sounds like you could be using it too early if your flattening off after using it on the last pass

With all the new fangled plastering toys out now, I feel so inadequate with my 14 inch Marshall town.
These new trowels help wear and tear so I need to adapt.

Just got my blue blades from speed skim today. Do they need a rub on the corners with a bit of wet and dry or are they ok to use from the box ?

I rounded mine a bit, little top only round it off a bit then if needs be you can take a bit more off. Rounded my first one off a bit too much and it wouldn't go to the ceiling line when I worked vertical with it

Don't get it. Got the blue blades today.look exactly the same as the grey ones ?? Same flex same thickness ?How come they are better

Don't get it. Got the blue blades today.look exactly the same as the grey ones ?? Same flex same thickness ?How come they are better

Ridges dont go all the way down + the blue blade slightly thicker, miles better to use, been goin over walls/ceilins twice wth mine + one trowel after that its done, so much easier!

Ridges dont go all the way down + the blue blade slightly thicker, miles better to use, been goin over walls/ceilins twice wth mine + one trowel after that its done, so much easier!

The ST (blue blade) underwent some redesign about 8 months ago. The lines/ribs are still present toward the edge (last 19mm) but a smooth edge has been introduced at the tip (last 4mm)

This means the blade has good traction and material distribution qualities during the flattening process. The introduction of the smooth tip enables the Plasterer to finish the work, as the plaster stiffens the 4mm smooth edge comes into play. Customers go made for the ST (blue blade) as its versatile across the board on all plasters and renders. Chops the operation down massively. The introduction of the blade gasket on the ST to reduce silt ingress into the aluminium slot means overall better performance and easier blade changes. This was rolled out on the ST (blue blade) on the Speedskim website on January 5th.

The SF (pink blade) is an alternative designed to give a slightly different finish for those who prefer stainless as the contact point in the last stages of the work. We only recommend for finishing stages of the skim coat operation. The SF (pink blade) is still a new concept and will undergo some tweaks/improvements in the next 8 weeks. The SF will include new blade gasket feature...

Product development is all a journey, being brave and exploring design concepts, and making improvements is the way we move forward. Taking comments on-board is an important part of our design process, and we do thank TPF members for their input.. :)

try the refina skimming spats... I use the 600, its a great piece of kit, poles fully adjustable with a flip of the lever.. and the blade easily adjusts to whatever angle you want, I know the blade cant be replaced.... but why would you ?? just dont throw it off a 3 lift scaffold and it will be fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.