speedskim plazzy sponge etc her

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbosh

Thought i would give it a go, now i used to: lay it on with ss trowell flatten in if it had gone a bit too much then lay it in, flatten it in with ss trowell, then wet trowell with carbon trowell and final cross trowelling with carbon leaves a lovely finish.
The speedskim come along first and i started to use that to flatten in 1 coat straight away (as soon as I've chucked one wall on ill flatten it in, it takes about 1 minute.) then another wall flat and so on, then turn back and top it. Saves a bit of time yeah defiantly.
Now the other day i spotted one of them plastic trowell with a midget trowell by refina. Bought that and a sponge float.
Used it a few times like this: lay on speedskim flat and then top coat, leave it to pick up and sponge it up, get back on it and flatten with plastic. Now by this time i have visited the walls twice so going the way i usually do one more trowell and it should be all good? Erm no it looked cack. So i gave it a little water and plastic trowelled it then dry cross trowelled it. Very nice and shiny but not very flat, plastic trowelling seems to go with whatever is there. Don't like it, maybe i was doing it wrong? Was using board finish background white board. Only good use for the plastic is if you wanna shine the walls up.
any tips ? Seems like a lot more work for negative outcome.
Cheers Ben.

There's plenty of threads about this marra. Just have a dig about.............:RpS_thumbsup:

Yeah seen a few threads, curriers posts i have sort of followed on this i know he is using spray finish applied by machine but it the same finishing principle remains i would of thought? Cheers

I used mine for very last trowel nice shine but shite if using it to trowel up when gear is picking up , been thinking About getting the refina super flex stainless trowel suppose to have the same affect but with a bit more resistance

ive jacked in my plastics the other week i had a nick in it and couldnt be arsed to get it out so just finished with me ss and it was a much nicer finish although on large areas i will use my speed skim and i only ever use my sponge for one particular builder who wnt pay fantastic rates (not shite just not good) and to be honest all the rest of the workers just ruin any finished areas so i dnt see the point in busting me balls for a proper finish when a quick sponge and trowel will surfice.
not the attitude i know but when i said to him about getting his blokes to be more carefull he said "i dnt give a fcuk what it looks like as long as its finished" so i figured thats what id give him liturally just a finished surface:glare:

Thought i would give it a go, now i used to: lay it on with ss trowell flatten in if it had gone a bit too much then lay it in, flatten it in with ss trowell, then wet trowell with carbon trowell and final cross trowelling with carbon leaves a lovely finish.
The speedskim come along first and i started to use that to flatten in 1 coat straight away (as soon as I've chucked one wall on ill flatten it in, it takes about 1 minute.) then another wall flat and so on, then turn back and top it. Saves a bit of time yeah defiantly.
Now the other day i spotted one of them plastic trowell with a midget trowell by refina. Bought that and a sponge float.
Used it a few times like this: lay on speedskim flat and then top coat, leave it to pick up and sponge it up, get back on it and flatten with plastic. Now by this time i have visited the walls twice so going the way i usually do one more trowell and it should be all good? Erm no it looked cack. So i gave it a little water and plastic trowelled it then dry cross trowelled it. Very nice and shiny but not very flat, plastic trowelling seems to go with whatever is there. Don't like it, maybe i was doing it wrong? Was using board finish background white board. Only good use for the plastic is if you wanna shine the walls up.
any tips ? Seems like a lot more work for negative outcome.
Cheers Ben.

Nail on head Ben.

Yeah just use it for crossing and maybe a quick polish if thats what customer wants.

It does work well on knauf finish tho. Lay it down, one flatten with ss then plazzy to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.