Speedskim knighted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazgunner

that's the bloke who invented it should be ,

At the good old age of 49 the old body beginning to hurt a bit now ,just done a ceiling today about 40m put first and second coats on both swiped with the speed skim how F-ing easy no jumping up and down on hop up just a nice trowel at the end, job done my work mate wont have it tho belives in the old school way anything that makes plastering EASY im up for

Cheers ) Like my old boss used to say to me ITS ONLY PLASTERING

I Mainly do site work its great for it, I like the 600mm don't like the 1200 to clumsy for my likening do any of you use any of the spats to do finishing

I Mainly do site work its great for it, I like the 600mm don't like the 1200 to clumsy for my likening do any of you use any of the spats to do finishing
Used them for a while, great tool but I find that the bend after a few months and are costly to be a disposable tool, plasterers1 stop shop do an eze one with a changeable blade though which seems to be more sensible than the Refina route

im old school but just bought 600 speedskim absolute quality. only had it few days so still on a learning curve of how soon to flatten it in but getting there

I have had my speedskim a few days now, and love it , wish i had it 10 years back,

bought a plaziflex 16" to go with speedskim tried the trowel today for the first time and wow, just makes life so much easier,

the downside is i could do with a transit just for all the gear I use now!

I have had my speedskim a few days now, and love it , wish i had it 10 years back,

bought a plaziflex 16" to go with speedskim tried the trowel today for the first time and wow, just makes life so much easier,

the downside is i could do with a transit just for all the gear I use now!

Def agree with the speedskim. Had mine about a month, getting the hang of it now!
My old man brought me a plaziflex, he swears by them, but I just can't get on with it. Keep going back to my MT!

image.jpg

Your talking absolutely sh1te, you may not like it which is fair enough but wether it's new or old work they work on the same principle

I've got the 1200. If you've got a wall or ceiling that is all over the place, trying to flatten skim with a 4 ft straight edge isn't going to work. It's not rocket science

I've got the 1200. If you've got a wall or ceiling that is all over the place, trying to flatten skim with a 4 ft straight edge isn't going to work. It's not rocket science

Ok so it's the size that's the problem rather than the speedskim itself then ?
I did but the 1200 too but have found the same thing plus also finding it a bit clumsy on the pole, but the 600 is superb for re-skims/ new work

Ok so it's the size that's the problem rather than the speedskim itself then ?
I did but the 1200 too but have found the same thing plus also finding it a bit clumsy on the pole, but the 600 is superb for re-skims/ new work

May give the 600 a go then

Status
Not open for further replies.